When is DhammaWheel's birthday?

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

When is DhammaWheel's birthday?

Postby zavk » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:40 pm

When is DW celebrating its first birthday? It should be coming up in the next day or two right?

I think we should all do something to commemorate the event. I'd happily eat a slice or two (or maybe more) of cake on its behalf! :tongue:
With metta,
zavk
zavk

Re: When is DhammaWheel's birthday?

Postby David N. Snyder » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:43 pm

It first went online on about December 30, 2008, but it took a couple of days before we could send out invitations to the people we knew, so we could officially say it was about:

January 1, 2009

(easier to remember that way. :tongue: )
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby zavk » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:45 pm

Woo hoo! Big celebration for DW then!
With metta,
zavk
zavk

Postby Cittasanto » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:50 pm

I must of been premature! I arrived on the 30th :tongue:
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby Ben » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:23 am

Hi Manapa, Zavk, all
Yes, we're both premature!

I like the idea of doing something to commemorate our first birthday. The fact that we're now over 1,000 members and nearly 50,000 posts is a significant achievement considering the conditions that lead to Dhamma Wheel's birth and that we seem to be going from strength to strength, unlike the trend of so many other Buddhist discussion fora. As I have said numerous times it is my conviction that the success of Dhamma Wheel is due in very large measure to our members. I feel a great debt of gratitude to our members who, through joining in discussion and contributing here at Dhamma Wheel, have made it what it is.
metta

Ben
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Hereclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby Cittasanto » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:05 am

I think I was actually the 5th member here? but looks like the third now

just looked at my first post here and forgot what I put orange mocha latte frapichino anyone!
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby Dugu » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:59 pm

David N. Snyder wrote:It first went online on about December 30, 2008, but it took a couple of days before we could send out invitations to the people we knew, so we could officially say it was about:

January 1, 2009

(easier to remember that way. :tongue: )

In that case, Dec 30, 2008 would have to be the real birthdate. "Went online" is equivalent to being born. ;)

So Happy Birthday Dharma Wheel! :heart:
Dugu

Postby Monkey Mind » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:27 pm

Here's to a safe harbour on otherwise stormy seas. All gratitude to Dr. David and a cast of great moderators!
"As I am, so are others;
as others are, so am I."
Having thus identified self and others,
harm no one nor have them harmed.

Sutta Nipāta 3.710
Monkey Mind

Return to Lounge