How to search?

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

How to search?

Postby bazzaman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:17 am

Last edited by bazzaman on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
bazzaman

Re: How to search?

Postby BlackBird » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:41 am

Number two is the story of Isidasi Theri

Here's a link to the story:
http://www.usamyanmar.net/Buddha/Articl ... 0Theri.pdf

metta
Jack :heart:
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta
BlackBird

Postby retrofuturist » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:44 am

Greetings,

And the first one is...

SN 20.7: Ani Sutta
http://www.mahindarama.com/e-tipitaka/s ... sn20-7.htm

As for "how to search" I used Google Saffron and searched for works of poets. Sometimes putting things in quotation marks can be useful if you're looking for a particular string of words. For search tips usable in Google and Google Saffron, see: http://www.google.com/support/websearch ... wer=136861

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby poto » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:14 am

I see the suttas are already covered, so maybe I can be of some help with the memory issues.

Dual N-Back is a free brain game you can play that will help increase working memory. I highly recommend it.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C. S. Lewis
poto

Postby Cittasanto » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:49 am

There is also a thread called going mental which may interest you on the memory side of your question. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3183&view=unread#unread
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby bazzaman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:07 am

Last edited by bazzaman on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
bazzaman

Postby salty-J » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:57 pm

poto wrote:I see the suttas are already covered, so maybe I can be of some help with the memory issues.

Dual N-Back is a free brain game you can play that will help increase working memory. I highly recommend it.

sweet! Thanks for posting this link, I have the ADDs :quote: , and will try this today!
:jumping:
"It is what it is." -foreman infamous for throwing wrenches in fits of rage
salty-J

Return to Lounge