Super Bowl today!!!

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Super Bowl today!!!

Postby bodom » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Anyone in the states watching? Go Saints!!!
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Re: Super Bowl today!!!

Postby retrofuturist » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:33 pm

Greetings,

bodom wrote:Go Saints!!!

I've said this may times before, but in a different footballing context...

St. Kilda Football Club (Australian Football League): http://www.saints.com.au/

I guess that means by default that I'm hoping the Saints win too.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby Annapurna » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:35 pm

What did the Buddha say
http://www.schmuckzauberei.blogspot.com/
Annapurna

Postby bodom » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:41 pm

retrofuturist wrote:I guess that means by default that I'm hoping the Saints win too.

Metta,

Good to have you aboard. :toast:

:anjali:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby bodom » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:52 pm

Annabel wrote:What did the Buddha say

I dont know what did he say?

bodom

Postby retrofuturist » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:26 pm

Greetings Annabel,

Strive hard and attain sainthood?

Metta,
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby kayy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:30 pm

Is that the start of a joke?
kayy

Postby Monkey Mind » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:39 pm

I watch the "Puppy Bowl" on Animal Planet.
"As I am, so are others;
as others are, so am I."
Having thus identified self and others,
harm no one nor have them harmed.

Sutta Nipāta 3.710
Monkey Mind

Postby bodom » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:43 pm

kayy wrote:

Haha thats what I was thinking.

bodom

Postby bodom » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:45 pm

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings Annabel,

Metta,

I like it. :toast:
bodom

Postby zavk » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:48 pm

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,

bodom wrote:Go Saints!!!

I've said this may times before, but in a different footballing context...

St. Kilda Football Club (Australian Football League): http://www.saints.com.au/

I guess that means by default that I'm hoping the Saints win too.

Metta,

Yeah it was like a moment of deja vu when bodom said, 'Go Saints!'
With metta,
zavk
zavk

Postby Ben » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:09 am

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings Annabel,

Metta,

Go Saints!
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Hereclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief

Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby bodom » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:48 am

Saints are Super Bowl champs!!!
bodom

Postby retrofuturist » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:55 am

:toast:

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby jcsuperstar » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:25 am

i hung out with my mom and wife, also one of my brothers for a bit too.. not a fan of sports
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
jcsuperstar

Postby Annapurna » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:03 am

bodom wrote:
kayy wrote:

Haha thats what I was thinking.

"Whereas some priests and contemplatives, living off food given in faith, are addicted to heedless and idle games such as these — eight-row chess, ten-row chess, chess in the air, hopscotch, spillikins, dice, stick games, hand-pictures, ball-games, blowing through toy pipes, playing with toy plows, turning somersaults, playing with toy windmills, toy measures, toy chariots, toy bows, guessing letters drawn in the air, guessing thoughts, mimicking deformities — he abstains from heedless and idle games such as these. This, too, is part of his virtue.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .than.html

Not for laypeople, I guess.

So, happy indulging. ;)
http://www.schmuckzauberei.blogspot.com/
Annapurna

Postby Kare » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:09 pm

It was shown on TV here in Norway. I watched it for a while - an excellent meditation on total and complete boredom. Then I found something else to do ...
Mettāya,
Kåre
Kare

Postby bodom » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:30 pm

Kare wrote:It was shown on TV here in Norway. I watched it for a while - an excellent meditation on total and complete boredom. Then I found something else to do ...

Now thats a spoil sport!!!
bodom

Postby MJH » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:52 pm

I watched here in Norway too! Lot's of fun.... in fact, I took today off from work! I do it every year! :woohoo:

Does it count that I'm an American expat? :smile:
MJH

Postby bodom » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:31 pm

MJH wrote:I watched here in Norway too! Lot's of fun.... in fact, I took today off from work! I do it every year! :woohoo:

Does it count that I'm an American expat? :smile:

The Super Bowl really should be a national holiday here in the states.

bodom

Next

Return to Lounge