For Bodom

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

For Bodom

Postby Annapurna » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:52 pm

Here it is, Bodom. :smile:
Forbodom 1.jpg
Forbodom 1.jpg (6.46 KiB) Viewed 461 times

:group:
http://www.schmuckzauberei.blogspot.com/
Annapurna

Re: For Bodom

Postby bodom » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 pm

Thank you Anna! Now i just have to figure out how to upload it using my Playstation 3 lol. Maybe the Mods could help me?

:anjali:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby retrofuturist » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:00 am

Greetings Bodom,

What are you trying to do... make it your profile picture again?

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby bodom » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:28 am

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings Bodom,

What are you trying to do... make it your profile picture again?

Metta,

I wanted to make it smaller than what I had before.

The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby appicchato » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:39 am

How's that?...
appicchato

Postby christopher::: » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:47 am

Nice work, bhante.
here's another option....

bodom.jpg
bodom.jpg (12.09 KiB) Viewed 427 times
"As Buddhists, we should aim to develop relationships that are not predominated by grasping and clinging. Our relationships should be characterised by the brahmaviharas of metta (loving kindness), mudita (sympathetic joy), karuna (compassion), and upekkha (equanimity)."
~post by Ben, Jul 02, 2009
christopher:::

Postby bodom » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:26 am

Those are all perfect thank you but I dont know how to upload them on my Playstation 3. Im gonna have to wait until I can get to a PC.

bodom

Postby retrofuturist » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:08 am

Greetings Bodom,

Try right-clicking on this image here, from the properties grab the URL and then paste it into your profile...

See if that works.

Unfortunately I cannot load it up for you - all I can do is delete people's avatars.

Metta,
Attachments
chah.JPG
chah.JPG (4.68 KiB) Viewed 413 times
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby bodom » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:09 am

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings Bodom,

Try right-clicking on this image here, from the properties grab the URL and then paste it into your profile...

See if that works.

Unfortunately I cannot load it up for you - all I can do is delete people's avatars.

Metta,

Hey Retro

The thing is is that im browsin the web on my Playstation 3 and am pretty limited on what I can do, right clickin being one of them. Once I get to a friends PC then i'll be able to change my avatar. Regardless, thanks everyone for the help.

bodom

Postby Annapurna » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:50 am

Gee, Guys, what have you been doing overnight...??? I see your good will, but I had already offered a smaller version! :D

Why else would I have said: "Here it is"?

(I asked Bodom if I should shrink it, since I have trouble reading his posts, and he agreed. A misunderstanding, but lovely to see all the good will! )

Anyhow, Bodom, :smile: I shrunk it to 135 pixel, so it goes just to the fine line that separates the avatar space from writing space, so it won't cover words anymore.

To make it your new avatar right click your mouse.
Choose "save image under...." or whatever it says to store it into your images or files.

Save it in 'my (own) files' or 'own images'. (I have that in German, so I have no idea what it would say in english. )

Then go into your "User control panel", and from there to 'profile', and from there to 'edit avatar'. Delete the old one, and then go into "upload image from your machine".

That should do the job.

Good luck.
http://www.schmuckzauberei.blogspot.com/
Annapurna

Return to Lounge