Nah, in my case it was a bollocking.
But I do like you Clueless. Believe it or not. People I don't like I just ignore.
Hey Kim, the process this whole dog eat dog thing engendered in me went something like this (highly condensed):
(1) My word, how horrid. Why would God set up such a cruel system?
(2) If there is a Creator God and he did this, he should be horsewhipped.
(3) Therefore, there can't be a God, at least not one I'd care to know.
(4) I don't want to be part of this system, must be a better way.
(5) Aha, there is. I need to work harder not to come back to this system, especially not as someone's food.
I think in the Suttas, Buddha called this "disillusionment" with the world.
Here's to the 8fold path.