Happy Easter

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Re: Happy Easter

Postby tiltbillings » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:56 am

Fede wrote:Shar Pei...?
I love shar peis!

Or Shar pei-cross?
As in shar pei chasing cross bunny...
very fast.... so it's a hot cross bunny....
(trying desperately to keep to topic here.....! :tongue: )
Pure bred. The breeders kept her as the pick of the litter, but by 7-8 months it became apparent that she was not going to be a show dog, thusly she was up for sale at a very reasonable price for a Sharpei. She has a very sweet personality, no health problems, very affectionate and is the most athletic dog I have had to date, and that is saying something. I have had to increase the fence height in our back yard from 4.5 feet to six feet because she would easily jump the fence.

Since I work the night shift, when I am off, we go walkies in the dead of the night, and when there is no moon, it is very dark, there being no street lamps. I use a retractable leash that extends out 26ft. One very dark night, she was only slightly a head of me and I could not see her. My eyes had not adjusted to the dark. She takes off to the right and then crosses over to the left, not reaching the end of the leash. The leash is in my left hand and the million candle power light is in my right. In the less than two second this took for me to shine my light on her, she had caught a rabbit, which had become a late rabbit. While she is no greyhound, she is capable of running a rabbit down, which is one reason for the increased fencing, but then there are those stupid rabbits who think a fenced in backyard with a capable predator roaming about is a good place to make a home.

We have had several possum encounters, mostly non-violent. One of my favorite stories was again during a very dark night and I could not see her, but she was up to something about 15 ft from me while on the leash. When I shined my light on her she was touching noses with the biggest bull possum I have ever seen. I pulled my dog back a bit and the possum waddled off.

Dog stories. Well at least she has not eaten the Easter Bunny (yet), but Herman, yummy.
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond.
SN I, 38.

Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireas na daoine.
People live in one another’s shelter.

"We eat cold eels and think distant thoughts." -- Jack Johnson
tiltbillings

Postby Annapurna » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:24 am

cooran wrote:No! Rabbits! Monster-human-eating-rabbits!! :(

Oh, gosh... :jumping:

Ty!
http://www.schmuckzauberei.blogspot.com/
Annapurna

Postby tiltbillings » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:13 pm

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond.
SN I, 38.

Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireas na daoine.
People live in one another’s shelter.

"We eat cold eels and think distant thoughts." -- Jack Johnson
tiltbillings

Postby meindzai » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:53 pm

meindzai

Previous

Return to Lounge