adding new thing to Ego

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
effort

adding new thing to Ego

Postby effort » Thu May 06, 2010 2:58 pm

i know same topics was in the board but i want to talk about this again.

i was watching to eckhard tolle mombai talk , power of now, first session and he mention this very nice 'there is a danger of adding a new egoistic state in spiritual practice and cultivate it for 20 30 years' and also 'become friend with present moment'.

i think both of the ideas are very critical and hard to avoid.

ps: i know tolle is not very welcomed to giving quotes for some people, also for me!

tiltbillings

Re: adding new thing to Ego

Postby tiltbillings » Thu May 06, 2010 3:03 pm

effort wrote:
i was watching to eckhard tolle mombai talk , power of now, first session and he mention this very nice 'there is a danger of adding a new egoistic state in spiritual practice and cultivate it for 20 30 years' and also 'become friend with present moment'.

He should know.

++++++++++++++++
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723

PeterB

Postby PeterB » Thu May 06, 2010 3:35 pm

Not just 20 or 30 years practice, but the books, the movie, the dvd's, a whole career in fact. The boy's done well.
I hear McDonalds are launching a Tolleburger...the Taste of Now, with pickles and fries.

effort

Postby effort » Thu May 06, 2010 3:53 pm

PeterB wrote:I hear McDonalds are launching a Tolleburger...the Taste of Now, with pickles and fries.

the taste of now! a layer on the layer!! like it!

m0rl0ck

Postby m0rl0ck » Thu May 06, 2010 4:33 pm

tiltbillings wrote:
effort wrote:

He should know.

Its not that i know enough about him to necessarily agree, but doggone it, that was funny :jumping:
A monk asked Unmon,
"Not a single thought arises: is there any fault or not?"
Unmon said,
"Mt. Sumeru."
~Case 19, The Book of Equanimity

Return to “Lounge”