Kitten survives 30 minutes in washing machine

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Kitten survives 30 minutes in washing machine

Postby cooran » Thu May 27, 2010 10:00 pm

Kitten survives washer spin cycle

A kitten got itself in a spin when it survived a 30-minute cycle inside a washing machine!

It's thought that Kimba, a fluffy white Persian kitten from Sydney, Australia, climbed in when the door was open and curled up with the dirty clothes.

Her owner, Lindsay Rogers, said he was amazed when he went to get the clean clothes and found Kimba in the machine.

"We could hardly believe our eyes when she emerged, looking like a drowned rat," he said.

"The spin cycle at the end goes really fast and I couldn't believe [she] survived."

A very cold Kimba was rushed to the vets, where she was treated for hypothermia and shock.

She also had her eyes checked out as they were looking red - probably because of the washing powder.

Kimba is doing fine now, but vets said she was lucky to be alive.

"We reckon she's used all of her nine lives," said Mr Rogers.

PHOTO IN LINK BELOW

Story from CBBC NEWSROUND:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/cbbcne ... 709077.stm
Published: 2010/05/27 14:14:54 GMT - © BBC MMX
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Re: Kitten survives 30 minutes in washing machine

Postby Tex » Thu May 27, 2010 10:43 pm

What a nightmarish experience that must have been. Hope that kitty has good vittles and a sunny windowsill to sit on for the rest of its life after something like that.
"The serene and peaceful mind is the true epitome of human achievement."-- Ajahn Chah, Living Dhamma

"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi
Tex

Postby Paññāsikhara » Fri May 28, 2010 12:51 am

Aiyo! Poor little thing, hope s/he is okay now.

Reminds me of when I was young, my aunt used to raise pedigree Siamese cats. They loved to climb into the clothes drying after it had been used, because it was nice and warm. Unfortunately, one day one of them was inside when it was turned on. Unlike the little kitty above, she did not survive.

The cycle of birth and death is no picnic.
My recently moved Blog, containing some of my writings on the Buddha Dhamma, as well as a number of translations from classical Buddhist texts and modern authors, liturgy, etc.: Huifeng's Prajnacara Blog.
Paññāsikhara

Postby zavk » Fri May 28, 2010 2:02 am

Oh poor thing!

Paññāsikhara wrote:The cycle of birth and death is no picnic.

As a statement about Kimba, Ven's aunt's Siamese cat, or the world in general, it is both funny and tragic. That's dukkha I suppose. :smile: :cry: :anjali:
With metta,
zavk
zavk

Postby Annapurna » Fri May 28, 2010 9:59 am

Oh my gosh, that poor kitten. :o
How afraid it must have been, what a struggle it must have been not to drown and to try to breathe, in all that foam with heavy cloths -and that spin, what a torture, this sure was suffering.

It must have had a curious mix of good and bad karma.

Hope it's not too traumatized.

What a lesson for the owners.
http://www.schmuckzauberei.blogspot.com/
Annapurna

Postby Stephen K » Fri May 28, 2010 10:15 am

Curiosity [almost] killed the cat.

May the kitty recover quickly.
With metta,
Upāsaka Sumana
Stephen K

Return to Lounge