Proof television is evil.

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

Proof television is evil.

Postby Individual » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:59 pm

I just saw this Superbowl commercial.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13577_3-10154240-36.html

Verrrry creepy. :)
The best things in life aren't things.

The Diamond Sutra
Individual

Re: Proof television is evil.

Postby Prasadachitta » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:06 pm

:jawdrop:
"Beautifully taught is the Lord's Dhamma, immediately apparent, timeless, of the nature of a personal invitation, progressive, to be attained by the wise, each for himself." Anguttara Nikaya V.332
Prasadachitta

Postby bodom » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:08 pm

Yeah that was a funny commercial.

:namaste:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby thecap » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:12 pm

It is viewable only inside the US.

I could try to find a proxy, but honestly I don't think it's worth the effort. The more so as I can tell that television is evil without seeing the video, just from a discussion I had a few minutes ago with someone who has severely deluded view "because tv said so". :o :) (Note to (non-)self: If I ever have kids, tv will be banished in favor of a video store subscription.)
thecap

Return to Lounge