El gato loco (the crazy cat)

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
DNS
Site Admin

El gato loco (the crazy cat)

Post by DNS »

Here is a short video of the office cat we have at my apartment complex in Las Vegas. The office staff rescued him from the streets. He had a broken leg and is apparently missing his mother and attempting to nurse on a stuffed fake cat.

zavk

Re: El gato loco (the crazy cat)

Post by zavk »

Nice...Have you given it a name? I've always found that kneading action they do very curious... must feel good to be on the receiving end I presume. How is the cat adjusting to a domesticated life? I adopted my cat from the street too. She was approximately 8 months old. I was told that some street cats may never become affectionate or fully comfortable around humans but quite fortunately my cat is a very affectionate. Was 'meditating' with me again this morning. :)
With metta,
zavk
DNS
Site Admin

Re: El gato loco (the crazy cat)

Post by DNS »

zavk wrote:Nice...Have you given it a name? I've always found that kneading action they do very curious... must feel good to be on the receiving end I presume. How is the cat adjusting to a domesticated life? I adopted my cat from the street too. She was approximately 8 months old. I was told that some street cats may never become affectionate or fully comfortable around humans but quite fortunately my cat is a very affectionate. Was 'meditating' with me again this morning. :)
Since he is mostly a Siamese cat, I gave him the Thai name of Rama. :tongue:

I had a previous cat who did that kneading / massage to my shoulders and back. He was a great cat and died back in 2006. He died shortly before my first visit to India, so I put his ashes in the Ganges.