Buddhist Prime

Re: Mentioning Buddhism in public

Post by Buddhist Prime »

You got pawned by a Christian,
see according to them they can lie their butts off,
because in their eyes, Buddhism is of the Devil,
so they lie all the time, and if they are wrong,
then on Sundays they pray to Jesus for forgiveness,
and once the slate is clean they go out and do it all over again.
Because of this Logic:
Cause Jesus forgives.
There's no reason to practice Morality.
So being an evil little heathen and believing in
Jesus will get ya to heaven. However if you are
a good person and don't believe in Jesus you go to Hell.

Only a demon would suggest that,
only an ignorant would believe it.
Be like me advertise the Hell out of Buddhism:
Wear something like this, which will attract attention then you can explain it too:
Here's me:
and the shirt that got me so much attention, and rid my little town's ignorance of what Buddhism was:

Carry this with you always so as to explain what the Buddhist Swastika is all about:
and a picture of the Buddha as well to show it's usage:

Come to school like this:
and again:
Christians hate me having this Book, but I think it is so Awesome:

Watch the Buddhist Palm in Action, slinging Swastika Empowered Buddhist Palm Blasts!!!
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/2yIFkXRACgs/?fr=rec1

I'm 6'10" and 300 pounds, maybe a smaller man wouldn't be as lucky as I have been.
My Profile, everything you ever wanted to know about me and why:
http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11895
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Buddhist Prime wrote:You got pawned by a Christian,
see according to them they can lie their butts off, . . .
Take it easy. You don't want to be a Buddhist version of the thing you are complaining about do you?

All religions should reside everywhere, for all of them desire self-control and purity of heart. Ashoka's Rock Edict Nb7
David2

Post by David2 »

I would not recommend that. That is not what the Buddha taught.
Buddhist Prime

Post by Buddhist Prime »

David2 wrote:
He didn't teach us how to take a bath either, but we know how to do that.
Buddha taught only about things that stopped suffering, anything else and he would not respond.
My Profile, everything you ever wanted to know about me and why:
http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11895
David2

Post by David2 »

Buddhist Prime wrote:
David2 wrote:
Buddha taught only about things that stopped suffering, anything else and he would not respond.
Ok, seems that we have different opinions here, no problem.
However, are you wearing the Svastika mainly to attract attention?
I mean, you could very well wear a Dhammawheel instead, that would not produce so many misunderstandings...

(Btw, the Dhammawheel is more of a Buddhist symbol to me than the Svastika because the Svastika was used in so many contexts in history (Hinduism, Jainism, Native Americans, Greeks, Celts, Germanics, Nazis and many more))
Yana

Post by Yana »

Buddhist Prime wrote:You got pawned by a Christian,
see according to them they can lie their butts off,
because in their eyes, Buddhism is of the Devil,
so they lie all the time, and if they are wrong,
then on Sundays they pray to Jesus for forgiveness,
and once the slate is clean they go out and do it all over again.
Because of this Logic:
Cause Jesus forgives.
There's no reason to practice Morality.
So being an evil little heathen and believing in
Jesus will get ya to heaven. However if you are
a good person and don't believe in Jesus you go to Hell.

Only a demon would suggest that,
only an ignorant would believe it.
I find your post to be ignorant.It's not good to judge other religions.Not all christians are liars.Just like not all Buddhists are honest.

Cause Jesus forgives there's no reason to practice morality is not true.Because Jesus forgives Most christians feel that they owe it to him and themselves to practice morality.It might not be the truth but they certainly found the means to practice morality.And morality is morality regardless of where it's taught.

I don't know who your calling a demon because as i recall the OP's friend didn't even bring Jesus into the equation.

I suggest you do some self evaluation before you call someone ignorant.For example i don't know why your very obsessed with advertising the hell out of Buddhism.I know the swastika symbol isn't just synonymous with Nazis but do you think it would be wise to wear it in an environment where most people don't see that.What do you gain out of all this?a chance to spite christians and to prove your religions the right one.Don't you know that one day we too will have to let go of Buddhism and anything associated with it.The Dhamma..the truth that is all around us ...IS accesible to anyone with wisdom not just Buddhists.
Life is preparing for Death
GraemeR

Mentioning Buddhism in public

Post by GraemeR »

Buddhist Prime wrote:
Wear something like this, which will attract attention then you can explain it too:
Here's me:

and the shirt that got me so much attention, and rid my little town's ignorance of what Buddhism was:
Do you think this gives a positive view of Buddhism?

Wouldn't people be more likely to approach you, in a positive manner, if you were less provocative?

I know what the swastika represents, but not everyone does and many will be offended.

With metta

Graham
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Buddhist Prime wrote:
David2 wrote:
he did actually teach how to advertise the Dhamma, by living inline with the dhamma! keeping the precepts, training the mind, removing unskilled habits.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Ben

Post by Ben »

Cittasanto wrote:
he did actually teach how to advertise the Dhamma, by living inline with the dhamma! keeping the precepts, training the mind, removing unskilled habits.
Sadhu!

We can also see from the rock edicts of Ashoka what were considered important attitude towards others with a different spiritual approach:
Beloved-of-the-Gods, King Piyadasi, honors both ascetics and the householders of all religions, and he honors them with gifts and honors of various kinds.[22] But Beloved-of-the-Gods, King Piyadasi, does not value gifts and honors as much as he values this — that there should be growth in the essentials of all religions.[23] Growth in essentials can be done in different ways, but all of them have as their root restraint in speech, that is, not praising one's own religion, or condemning the religion of others without good cause. And if there is cause for criticism, it should be done in a mild way. But it is better to honor other religions for this reason. By so doing, one's own religion benefits, and so do other religions, while doing otherwise harms one's own religion and the religions of others. Whoever praises his own religion, due to excessive devotion, and condemns others with the thought "Let me glorify my own religion," only harms his own religion. Therefore contact (between religions) is good.[24] One should listen to and respect the doctrines professed by others. Beloved-of-the-Gods, King Piyadasi, desires that all should be well-learned in the good doctrines of other religions.

Those who are content with their own religion should be told this: Beloved-of-the-Gods, King Piyadasi, does not value gifts and honors as much as he values that there should be growth in the essentials of all religions. And to this end many are working — Dhamma Mahamatras, Mahamatras in charge of the women's quarters, officers in charge of outlying areas, and other such officers. And the fruit of this is that one's own religion grows and the Dhamma is illuminated also.

-- Ashokan Rock Edict XII
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
afridizaddi

Post by afridizaddi »

Thankyou very much