my radical new insight :)

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Hanzze

Re: my radical new insight :)

Post by Hanzze »

Anicca is not a useful object of meditation as long it is not seen as it really is but just a perception. That could easy lead to ramdom, a very long random.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
SamKR

Post by SamKR »

Hanzze wrote:Anicca is not a useful object of meditation as long it is not seen as it really is but just a perception.
I disagree. Anicca is always a useful object of meditation no matter what, and to see anicca is to see phenomenon as it really is. Of course, the depth or degree of anicca perception may be different for different people of different insights.
"And what is the perception of inconstancy? There is the case where a monk — having gone to the wilderness, to the shade of a tree, or to an empty building — reflects thus: 'Form is inconstant, feeling is inconstant, perception is inconstant, fabrications are inconstant, consciousness is inconstant.' Thus he remains focused on inconstancy with regard to the five clinging-aggregates. This, Ananda, is called the perception of inconstancy.
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .than.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

Yes, good if known that it is a perception and,

"There is the case where a monk — having gone to the wilderness, to the shade of a tree, or to an empty building..."

And at least, he knows or remembers: "this is called the perception of inconstancy"

Over all a good valve, as long as this fabrication is know as fabricated.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
equilibrium

Post by equilibrium »

ohnofabrications
"deathless" is when one realized that there is no death!

There is a difference between a dream world and the real world.
DAWN

Post by DAWN »

equilibrium wrote:ohnofabrications
"deathless" is when one realized that there is no death!

There is a difference between a dream world and the real world.
There is no death and no birth in that ohnofabrications was discover.
Sabbe dhamma anatta
We are not concurents...
I'am sorry for my english
ohnofabrications

Post by ohnofabrications »

look at all this consciousness... how conscious it all is!