To Much Energy

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
andrewhallas
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006

To Much Energy

Postby andrewhallas » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:45 pm

How do you cope with excess energy levels during meditation?

Does anyone else experience to much energy?

Does anyone know of any way of dealing with this?

my meditation seems very good and solid i let evrything arise and fall naturally, walking meditation helps but it seems almost as if my focus needs an extra element to keep focused.

does this make any sennse or am i just talking nonsense?

Help much appreciated

With metta kindness

Andrew

daverupa
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1001

Re: To Much Energy

Postby daverupa » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:56 pm

Might be the hindrance of flurry-and-worry/restlessness-and-anxiety. This may help locate solutions; mostly, satipatthana is in order to abandon the hindrances, so you can look at using satipatthana in that way perhaps.

SN 46.51 wrote:"And what is lack of food for the arising of unarisen restlessness & anxiety, or for the growth & increase of restlessness & anxiety once it has arisen? There is the stilling of awareness. To foster appropriate attention to that: This is lack of food for the arising of unarisen restlessness & anxiety, or for the growth & increase of restlessness & anxiety once it has arisen.
    "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.
- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]

santa100
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006

Re: To Much Energy

Postby santa100 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:01 pm

For the morning session, you might want to precede it with a 1-hour jog. It'll put you into the right mode mentally and physically..

Return to “General Theravāda discussion”