What do you think of these statements?

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
xtracorrupt

Opinion why people should be happy even when searching enli

Post by xtracorrupt »

Because my intention thinks happiness should be valued above anything else.
theres is no need for needing
xtracorrupt

What do you think of these statements?

Post by xtracorrupt »

Maximum happiness will be achieved for all once there is no more suffering.

I advise questionnement of this statement as willing to achieve this understanding, is in my opinion, the most valuable thing,the understandment of this in my opinion is this desire for absolute rightfulness and I think if one had absolute rightfulness, there would be no suffering.

Also try and consider this( similar to the other statement but perhaps more in depth), having Maximum Rightfulness will bring maximum happiness because it will bring the end of suffering therefore making you the happiest possible as suffering will never a risen again meaning you never have a reason to suffer.

Genuinely wanting to climate suffering will in my opinion cause the elimination of suffering
Last edited by xtracorrupt on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
xtracorrupt

My opinion on correct happiness

Post by xtracorrupt »

Gaining Happiness from wanting happiness, i advise being happy from good things in life and not from bad and finding some way of discouraging another from Happiness delusion, as it is in my opinion, wrong. Try being happy when someone has done something of good will.
CoreyNiles92

Re: What do you think of these statements?

Post by CoreyNiles92 »

The first thing you must overcome on the road to enlightenment is letting go of the need to grasp for happiness, and hide from sadness. They are chemical reactions in the brain, they come and go, and should not be held onto with such devotion. It would be as nonsensical to grasp to happiness, as it would to grasp to a smell. The smell will fade, and you will be left grasping thin air, and wondering why, and in wondering why you cause yourself undue suffering.
whynotme

Re: Opinion why people should be happy even when searching enli

Post by whynotme »

You should read the Nikaya. Many of your opinions can be found in suttas but with deeper insight, i.e correct the minor mistake.

The Buddha stated there are 4 ways:
Current practice is unhappiness and in future lead to unhappiness
Current practice is unhappiness and in future lead to happiness
Current practice is happiness and in future lead to unhappiness
Current practice is happiness and in future lead to happiness

Happiness should not be valued above anything, why? Because happiness is temporary, impermanent, and you should not inclined to things that is temporary and impermanent, which will lead you to suffering in the future.

The Buddha taught that because of happiness, sentient beings inclined. The Buddha taught about let go, where ever it is happiness or suffering, it is not you or yours, suffering is just suffering and happiness is just happiness, so let it go. Don't add value to it. Happy or not when searching enlightenment, it also depends on that person's kamma, so let it be.

Regards
Please stop following me
xtracorrupt

Re: Opinion why people should be happy even when searching enli

Post by xtracorrupt »

whynotme wrote:You should read the Nikaya. Many of your opinions can be found in suttas but with deeper insight, i.e correct the minor mistake.

The Buddha stated there are 4 ways:
Current practice is unhappiness and in future lead to unhappiness
Current practice is unhappiness and in future lead to happiness
Current practice is happiness and in future lead to unhappiness
Current practice is happiness and in future lead to happiness

Happiness should not be valued above anything, why? Because happiness is temporary, impermanent, and you should not inclined to things that is temporary and impermanent, which will lead you to suffering in the future.

The Buddha taught that because of happiness, sentient beings inclined. The Buddha taught about let go, where ever it is happiness or suffering, it is not you or yours, suffering is just suffering and happiness is just happiness, so let it go. Don't add value to it. Happy or not when searching enlightenment, it also depends on that person's kamma, so let it be.

Regards
My intention advises that you don't judge it as a mistake as it could be a misunderstanding.