English Translation of the Sutta Pitaka freely available!

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
MidGe

English Translation of the Sutta Pitaka freely available!

Post by MidGe »

It looks like the Pali Text Society has made available the entire English translation of the Sutta Pitaka in digital format for free!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

The following works originally published by the Pali Text Society are being offered under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC 3.0) licence. The publisher retains commercial rights. Permission has been granted to the public to reproduce, reformat, transmit and distribute these works for gratis, non-commercial use without further need to contact the publisher.

see: http://obo.genaud.net/dhammatalk/dhamma ... ts.new.htm

This is absolutely fantastic. I am totally flabbergasted and most thankful to the Pali Text Society.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
retrofuturist

Re: English Translation of the Sutta Pitaka freely available

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Awesome. :thumbsup:

I have just included that site in the Google Saffron Theravada Search Engine - http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=00545 ... cbjbznmwso

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
cooran

Post by cooran »

Best to be aware that many of these translations are around eighty to a hundred years old - the language and grammar can be a little different to what you are used to.

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Paribbajaka

Post by Paribbajaka »

This is great and amazing and wonderful! Did I mention I approve of this?
May all beings be happy!