Please help

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism

Please help

Postby Han » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:14 am

Dear friends,

Namaste.

I have a problem and am hoping that you will send your positive prayers and metta for my Mother and Father. My Mother has encountered a spirit/s and we do not know what to do. We have tried to contact local Chinese and Tibetan groups, but we have not yet find a Master who can help.

I ask for you to send metta and positive prayers for the well being of my Mother, Father, and all our family so that we can live our lives in oeace and harmony again.

I ask for forgiveness of all wrong doings and let all be well again.

Thank you.

Moderators: if you or any Board member have any contacts who can help with this issue or know who I can contact please PM me or reply here. We are desperate for positive outcomes. Thank you to all for the consideration. Namaste.
Han

Re: Please help

Postby Modus.Ponens » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:38 am

I'm not positive, but I think this discourse of the Buddha is used to deal with those situations.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/auth ... on.html#s3
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"
Modus.Ponens

Postby Han » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:49 am

Thank you Modus, it's very serious, I am also posting on the sister site.
Please pray for her, and for my family.
:anjali:
Han

Postby Anagarika » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:56 pm

Dear Han:

Along with the guidance of a Dhamma teacher, would it be of benefit for your mother to speak with a clinical social worker or a psychologist? Many people can have delusions, or experience as aspects of onset of dementia, visions and experiences akin to being influenced by a "spirit." These can be treated with psychotherapy and medications if necessary. I might suggest that a competent clinician can be helpful, along with the spiritual guidance you might find.
Anagarika

Postby Modus.Ponens » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:06 pm

:goodpost:
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"
Modus.Ponens

Postby Han » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:41 am

Thank you both, and Buddhasoup for your kind suggestion. We have found a kindly Tibetan lama who will help. I understand your post and think it reasonable, however in this case we did have some trouble.

Metta to you both :anjali:
Han

Postby beingnobody » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Dear Han,

It sounds like you and your mother are going through a difficult time. I hope you continue to seek help. Metta to your family.

Sincerely,
beingnobody
beingnobody

Postby Sekha » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:52 am

Practice Metta. SN20.3 states that if one practices Metta, non-human beings cannot do him/her any wrong. So the advice from this sutta is to practice Metta, and of course to have perfect morality.

In other cases, the same sutta states that one cannot get rid of such non-human beings.
Where knowledge ends, religion begins. - B. Disraeli

http://www.buddha-vacana.org
Sekha

Return to General Theravāda discussion