Bhikkhu Bodhi Lectures: In the Buddha's Words

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
mikenz66

Re: Bhikkhu Bodhi Lectures: In the Buddha's Words

Post by mikenz66 »

Kalama wrote: For any additional comment I prefer to follow your recommendation to continue under the topic 'First and Third Noble Truth '
Kalama
Yes, that thread, First and Third Noble Truth is a better place to discuss your questions.

:anjali:
Mike
Kalama

Re: Bhikkhu Bodhi Lectures: In the Buddha's Words

Post by Kalama »

mikenz66 wrote:
Kalama wrote: For any additional comment I prefer to follow your recommendation to continue under the topic 'First and Third Noble Truth '
Kalama
Yes, that thread, First and Third Noble Truth is a better place to discuss your questions.

:anjali:
Mike
Hi Mike ( and All ),

before I forget: should anybody stumple upon a further elaboration of the Venerable's proposition in his introduction " Both the worldling and the noble disciple experience painful bodily feelings, but they respond to these feelings differently." please post under the topic 'First and Third Noble Truth'

B.T.W. I am so to speak a Kalama- minded Theravadin and - repeating in order to avoid misunderstandings - looking for a plausible explanation why the cessation of suffering /dukkha as stated by the third Noble Truth/First Noble Truth does not cover bodily pain. That Wordling and Noble One /Arahant respond differently is not enough to elucidate what appears to be a discrepancy between the 'axioms ' of the Teaching.

My only suggestion for now: on the event of awakening / cessation of suffering PariNibbana is an option.

Looking forword to learn ..

Kalama