Theriatthakatha english version

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism

Theriatthakatha english version

Postby kirana » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:57 am

I need Theriatthakatha english version, by William Pruitt, where i can buy it?
I haven't credit card, pls contact me through PM, i will send money to buy that book.

Im much thankfull for your kindness who would like to help me.

mettacittena,
kirana

Re: Theriatthakatha english version

Postby pt1 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:41 am

*kirana wrote:I need Theriatthakatha english version, by William Pruitt, where i can buy it?
I haven't credit card, pls contact me through PM, i will send money to buy that book.

mettacittena,

Hi, the commentary to Therigatha was published by Pali Text Society (PTS):
http://www.palitext.com/
The Commentary on the Verses of the Theris,
tr. William Pruitt, 1998
ISBN 363 X £28.40

Check on their website, or even better just contact them (see the "How to Order" page on their website for contact details) because it looks like there are several ways to make a payment, which might not involve a credit card. If not, then usually you can order almost any book through your local bookshop - you will give them cash and then they will order it for you from PTS (or Pariyatti if you are in North America), though it will be a little more expensive that way probably.

Best wishes
pt1

Postby kirana » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:35 pm

pt1 wrote:
*kirana wrote:I need Theriatthakatha english version, by William Pruitt, where i can buy it?

mettacittena,

Hi, the commentary to Therigatha was published by Pali Text Society (PTS):
http://www.palitext.com/
The Commentary on the Verses of the Theris,
tr. William Pruitt, 1998
ISBN 363 X £28.40

Check on their website, or even better just contact them (see the "How to Order" page on their website for contact details) because it looks like there are several ways to make a payment, which might not involve a credit card. If not, then usually you can order almost any book through your local bookshop - you will give them cash and then they will order it for you from PTS (or Pariyatti if you are in North America), though it will be a little more expensive that way probably.

Best wishes

Hi PT1, thanks alot. i will try this way. i need this book for my homeworks, hopefully successful.
im living at Srilanka, i already check to whole the big Buddhist bookshops at Srilanka, they are : Buddhist Culture Centre (Dehiwala and Bauddhaloka mawatha) also BPS at Kandy. i asked them to help me to find that book, but they said very expensive to make order to PTS if their shop unavailable, then they said i have to try byself to contact to PTS, but i think it is so difficult, now i got the way. thanks again.

mettacittena,
kirana

Postby kirana » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:42 pm

firstly thanks for PT1. now i think i have to release my intend to buy that book. actually that price not so expensive, only EURO.28.40 but after added transfer fee, TT fee, commision fee and shipping fee [shipping also not so expensive only EURO.9.90] then coming a surprise price it is costly USD.108.

who can give me a suggestion how to get the online paper for theriatthakatha english version? actually i only need uppalavanna theri and issidasi theri because both of them little bit same in special case, same in beauty, same in 3 times very suffers' marriages life, same in short time attaining arahantship.

mettacittena,
kirana

Postby Kare » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:47 am

kirana wrote:firstly thanks for PT1. now i think i have to release my intend to buy that book. actually that price not so expensive, only EURO.28.40 but after added transfer fee, TT fee, commision fee and shipping fee [shipping also not so expensive only EURO.9.90] then coming a surprise price it is costly USD.108.

who can give me a suggestion how to get the online paper for theriatthakatha english version? actually i only need uppalavanna theri and issidasi theri because both of them little bit same in special case, same in beauty, same in 3 times very suffers' marriages life, same in short time attaining arahantship.

mettacittena,

Have you tried the library?
Mettāya,
Kåre
Kare

Postby kirana » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:59 am

Kare wrote:
kirana wrote:firstly thanks for PT1. now i think i have to release my intend to buy that book. actually that price not so expensive, only EURO.28.40 but after added transfer fee, TT fee, commision fee and shipping fee [shipping also not so expensive only EURO.9.90] then coming a surprise price it is costly USD.108.

mettacittena,

Have you tried the library?

hi Kare, thank u.
could u give me the link of the library?

mettacittena,
kirana

Postby kirana » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:56 am

hello...anybody can help me to find the online link about that, ofcourse not from PTS.
may be another author.

hello Kare,
i already searched it at library, before posted it.
the library man also help me, unfortunately the translation at library available in sinhalese letters, im not srilankan. so i couldnt read sinhalese letters.
therefore i try this forum.

mettacittena,
kirana

Return to General Theravāda discussion