UU Buddhist Fellowship

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
seaturtle

UU Buddhist Fellowship

Post by seaturtle »

Is anyone familiar with the UU Buddhist Fellowship? I'd like to find a family friendly sangha, but most groups focus on silent meditation - not something my 3 year old is especially interested in - and few offer nursery care for children. I've been exploring the Unitarian church, since they welcome all faiths, invite children to the service, and offer nursery care for kids who would rather play than attend service. The UU church also has a Buddhist Fellowship, and so I was wondering if anyone knew any more about this.
To be born human and encounter the great joy
of the good Dharma is a chance rarer than
a turtle thrusting its neck through a yoke
floating freely in the great ocean.
tiltbillings

Re: UU Buddhist Fellowship

Post by tiltbillings »

seaturtle wrote:Is anyone familiar with the UU Buddhist Fellowship? I'd like to find a family friendly sangha, but most groups focus on silent meditation - not something my 3 year old is especially interested in - and few offer nursery care for children. I've been exploring the Unitarian church, since they welcome all faiths, invite children to the service, and offer nursery care for kids who would rather play than attend service. The UU church also has a Buddhist Fellowship, and so I was wondering if anyone knew any more about this.
If you can find a UU Buddhist Fellowship group that would be a good way to go to meet your needs.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723