How come we are stoping up with our bad behaviour?

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
villkorkarma

How come we are stoping up with our bad behaviour?

Post by villkorkarma »

Hello :anjali: :quote: How come we stop with our bad behaviour?
one suffer because one hasnt existed long : )
culaavuso

Re: How come we are stoping up with our bad behaviour?

Post by culaavuso »

villkorkarma wrote:How come we stop with our bad behaviour?
Behavior that leads to harm and pain is worth stopping because harm and pain are not generally valued, and because such behavior is contrary to alternative behavior that leads to benefit and pleasure.

See AN2.19
AN2.19: Kusala Sutta wrote: "Abandon what is unskillful, monks. It is possible to abandon what is unskillful. If it were not possible to abandon what is unskillful, I would not say to you, 'Abandon what is unskillful.' But because it is possible to abandon what is unskillful, I say to you, 'Abandon what is unskillful.' If this abandoning of what is unskillful were conducive to harm and pain, I would not say to you, 'Abandon what is unskillful.' But because this abandoning of what is unskillful is conducive to benefit and pleasure, I say to you, 'Abandon what is unskillful.'

"Develop what is skillful, monks. It is possible to develop what is skillful. If it were not possible to develop what is skillful, I would not say to you, 'Develop what is skillful.' But because it is possible to develop what is skillful, I say to you, 'Develop what is skillful.' If this development of what is skillful were conducive to harm and pain, I would not say to you, 'Develop what is skillful.' But because this development of what is skillful is conducive to benefit and pleasure, I say to you, 'Develop what is skillful.'"
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

The universe is rewarding us for our work was i thinking, with thoughts, new moves, new actions, new friends or evidences. But how does that work? i can´t put my finger to what I mean. but say someone hit me because iaim drinking alcohol i will never drink again much hehe the movements of other poeple and thougts i have Changes its the answer. :anjali:
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

Do we get reward for our good behaviour get more and more hapiness and beeing punished for bad behaviour suck things that isnt good for us or anyone or can lead us to bad actions so we dont do It again or how does It work? :anjali:
Babadhari

Post by Babadhari »

hi villkorkarma

i think it is not important to focus on whether we get a reward for good behaviour. we should focus on how good behaviour is the right thing to do.

if we are in a position to help somebody we should do it, for it could be our turn to look for assistance someday also. perhaps this is th reward of good behaviour.

it is important to see the consequences of wrong behaviour and the negative effects it has.

in my past i have been punished for wrong actions and it made me reflect on them, see my mistakes and try to elimanate them from my behaviour and habits.

through anger i have lost friends, from greed i lost possesions, from selfishness i lost happiness etc. :namaste:
Aflame with the fire of passion, the fire of aversion, the fire of delusion.
Aflame, with birth, aging & death, with sorrows, lamentations, pains, distresses, & despairs ......

Seeing thus, the disciple of the Noble One grows disenchanted. SN 35.28
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

So help others so they can help me - It was a good answer, I like it very much :anjali:
Babadhari

Post by Babadhari »

Even though the past may account for many of the inequalities we see in life, our measure as human beings is not the hand we've been dealt, for that hand can change at any moment. We take our own measure by how well we play the hand we've got. If you're suffering, you try not to continue the unskillful mental habits that would keep that particular karmic feedback going. If you see that other people are suffering, and you're in a position to help, you focus not on their karmic past but your karmic opportunity in the present: Someday you may find yourself in the same predicament that they're in now, so here's your opportunity to act in the way you'd like them to act toward you when that day comes.
Thanissaro Bhikkhu
Aflame with the fire of passion, the fire of aversion, the fire of delusion.
Aflame, with birth, aging & death, with sorrows, lamentations, pains, distresses, & despairs ......

Seeing thus, the disciple of the Noble One grows disenchanted. SN 35.28
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

I Believe you can develoup some softness in the mind in the hole body, so you dont suffer or suffer so much. :anjali: