Wat Dhammakaya

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
gavesako

Re: Wat Dhammakaya

Postby gavesako » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:10 pm

Monks' top council protects Dhammachayo

Phra Dhammachayo, abbot of Wat Phra Dhammakaya, is immune from past complaints of embezzlement, according to a resolution of the Sangha Supreme Council on Wednesday.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... hammachayo
Bhikkhu Gavesako
Kiṃkusalagavesī anuttaraṃ santivarapadaṃ pariyesamāno... (MN 26)

ajahnchah.org - Teachings of Ajahn Chah in many languages
Dhammatube - Videos on Buddhist practice
Ancient Buddhist Texts - Translations and history of Pali texts

gavesako

Postby gavesako » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:21 am

The Sangha Council yesterday didn’t consider whether Phra Dhammachayo, the controversial abbot of the Dhammakaya Temple in Pathum Thani, should be defrocked.
The meeting saw that the charges of embezzlement and land ownershipillegitimate land ownership had already ended at the court of first instance without any appeal.
The council and the National Buddhism Office had been called on by the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) to act against the abbot as suggested in a letter from the late supreme patriarch.
The DSI would summon the abbot and other monks for questioning starting early next month regarding the donations from embezzlement suspect Supachai Srisupa-aksorn, then chairman of the Khlong Chan Credit Union, to the bank accounts of the abbot, his temple and other monks.
:spy:
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nationa ... 79019.html
Bhikkhu Gavesako
Kiṃkusalagavesī anuttaraṃ santivarapadaṃ pariyesamāno... (MN 26)

ajahnchah.org - Teachings of Ajahn Chah in many languages
Dhammatube - Videos on Buddhist practice
Ancient Buddhist Texts - Translations and history of Pali texts

jameswang

Postby jameswang » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:40 am

slimdabuddhist wrote:Hi, and namasakan to all the monks. I'd like to share and confirm if this information is true. My parents are very devoted followers of the dmc movement and I used to be too, but now I have refused to go to temple with them and follow their idiculou To get to the main point, as a following of the arrest of the abbot of dmc, my mom came to me with a bizarre and ridiculous story. She claimed that the temple of wat dhammakaya was under attack by muslims and that the arrest of dhammajayo were muslims trying to destroy the faith of buddhism in thailand. (Sound familiar in the U.S.?) Basically she said if wat dhammakaya fell all the other small temples in Thailand under its "protection" would fall to Islam and Buddhism in Thailand would fall. Now I find this to be a very ridiculous and fearmongering technique to scapegoat another religion because the abbot was caught in the act of wrong doing. Basically I wanted to post on here and confirm if what they are claiming right now is true as in are they spreading this lie to gulliable followers as an excuse for dhammajayos crimes?

I tell you, slimdabuddhist. It's typical of cults to react like this. Whatever that is against them the clever leader will deflect it and even use it to his advantage, to strengthen his agenda. It doesn't matter how ridiculous it is. So long as it works.

Return to “General Theravāda discussion”