Applying Buddhism at work

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
the_emster

Applying Buddhism at work

Post by the_emster »

Hi everybody,
I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on where to find good practical information on how to bring buddhist principles to play in our dad-to-day lives in the workplace? In particular I am trying to rekindle my enthusiam and positivity in my job (I work for an aid and development agency). Have suffered from some long-standing frustrations that have hampered/complicated my efforts to move forward with work tasks and acheive positive outcomes, I'm feeling bit a jaded and out of patience and would like to shift to a more spiritual approach to my worktasks in an effort to reframe my thinking and energies and recharge my perseverance. Has anyone come across a good source of advice for how to apply buddhist principles on a practical level in the office, for example, when tackling the unruly to-do list, when coming up against barriers and frustrations, when going into meetings, when encountering conflicts and the need to meet employer's expectations and deadlines? I have heard some great advice for applying values to daily life, but not any advice specifically to buddhism in the office.

Thanks so much!
retrofuturist

Re: Applying Buddhism at work

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

In relation to your question, when all else fails, remember:

* The Four Noble Truths
* Metta cultivation

I have found these to be useful.

If you can find somewhere to meditate during your lunch break, that might help too.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Goedert

Re: Applying Buddhism at work

Post by Goedert »