Daily Words of the Buddha- Free Email Subscription

Theravāda in the 21st century - modern applications of ancient wisdom

Daily Words of the Buddha- Free Email Subscription

Postby TripleGem » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:04 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to say I'm part of a non-profit organization known as Pariyatti - www.pariyatti.org

I wanted to share with you a free email subscription called Daily Words of the Buddha. Super inspiring resource with references where the quotes come from in the Tipitaka. Also, (super cool feature!) a "Listen" link to hear how the Pāli is pronounced - that alone is worth it!

You can check out the intro YouTube video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y2tZl4f240

You can see the real deal and subscribe using this link: http://www.pariyatti.org/Resources/DailyWords/tabid/76/Default.aspx

I get these sent to me every day via email and I have to say time and time again the quotes get me back on track and inspired!

Check it out! :twothumbsup:
Last edited by TripleGem on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TripleGem

Re: Daily Words of the Buddha- Free Email Subscription

Postby Goedert » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:04 pm

Thank you friend, I appreciate it.
Goedert

Postby bodom » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:58 pm

Yes, I am on the list as well. The quotes are very inspiring indeed. Pariyatti is my favorite online source for ordering Dhamma books. They are always my first recommendation to others.

:anjali:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby TripleGem » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:52 pm

Great to hear!

In fact, I will be posting from time to time some other great resources they have that are downloadable, free goodies!
TripleGem

Return to Theravāda for the modern world