Broken Heart and Heartache

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
ashtanga

Broken Heart and Heartache

Post by ashtanga »

Hi all,

Against all odds, despite all of my knowledge of the human condition, I find myself having been left by my partner utterly bereft. The emotional pain is at times unbearable...nothing seems to help as embarrased as I am to admit it. I understand the nature of attachement, I understand that I have created this woman and she was a generic image created by me in dependence on her aggtregates etc....I still hurt so much. :broke:

Tony...
Viscid

Re: Broken Heart and Heartache

Post by Viscid »

:hug:
"What holds attention determines action." - William James
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

_/\_
Last edited by Hanzze on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
cooran

Post by cooran »

Hello Tony,

Your whole world has been shaken and turned upside down. If the break-up wasn’t predicted, you can feel mentally and physically as if you have been assaulted.
No religious basis or particular view of reality will prevent your going through the natural suffering, grief and loss associated with relationship break-up.
But you will survive. You will be happy and contented again.

Many of us have had relationship or marriage break-ups – usually unexpected. We have gone on to rebuild our lives and can honestly say we wouldn’t change things back to how they were. That probably sounds unreachable to you at this moment – but, hang in there and put in the work and you will get there, and you will be happy and contented again.

It is a hard slog going through the grieving and then the healing process – but get support from a relative, friend, or counsellor. There is a lot of information on the internet about the stages of grief in a relationship break-up and good suggestions for establishing new routines to help with the healing.

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

My boyfriend recently left me

I found that developing mindfulness helped to get right view on the situation

Be aware in the present moment of the feelings, don't repel or want them but just observe them as they rise and cease
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”