Meditation Visa in Thailand

Theravāda in the 21st century - modern applications of ancient wisdom

Meditation Visa in Thailand

Postby Sekha » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:56 pm

Is there a special visa for people who would like to stay in Thailand for meditation? I kind of know it is possible for people wishing to become monk. Can anyone shed some light on the details of these rules?
Where knowledge ends, religion begins. - B. Disraeli

http://www.buddha-vacana.org
Sekha

Re: Meditation Visa in Thailand

Postby Phra Chuntawongso » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Dukkhanirodha wrote:Is there a special visa for people who would like to stay in Thailand for meditation? I kind of know it is possible for people wishing to become monk. Can anyone shed some light on the details of these rules?

In order to get a visa to stay in Thailand for meditation, you should apply to a center here in Thailand and get them to email a letter ADDRESSED TO THE RELEVENT EMBASSY IN YOUR COUNTRY-stating that you will be attending the temple for the purpose of studying meditation.Take this letter to the embassy and apply for a non-immigrant-ED visa.
With metta
And crawling on the planets face,some insects called the human race.
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Phra Chuntawongso

Postby Sekha » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:58 pm

thank you
Where knowledge ends, religion begins. - B. Disraeli

http://www.buddha-vacana.org
Sekha

Postby chownah » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:57 am

I recommend checking out the forum at Thaivisa.com.....lots of information about visas in general and other travel stuff for Thailand .......and you may find that you don't need a visa at all....for instance if you are planning on staying in Thailand for 30 days of less and if you live in any of the highly developed countries (most if not all European countries, US, Canada, some SA countries, some Asian countries, etc. .........you can find a complete list on line at the Thai Embassy site) you will not need a visa at all.......also, tourist visas can be obtained for up to 90 days and this might provide what you need......but don't take my word for it....check out Thaivisa.com.

chownah
chownah

Return to Theravāda for the modern world