Buddhist cults?

An open and inclusive investigation into Buddhism and spiritual cultivation

Re: Buddhist cults?

Postby Gibraltariana » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:00 pm

This is so sad! I hope you are able to reach your partner and get them out of a situation that seems unhealthy. The rates for that retreat seem totally out of line.
Gibraltariana

Postby Ytrog » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:36 pm

The rates are the least of the problems it seems. I would advise to get out of there. A teacher which is genuine will have a teaching that leads to the truth and is truthful himself. He will also teach compassion with compassion and encourages you to think for yourself and teach yourself. I see none of these qualities in what you describe. For the rest I agree with reflection.
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.

mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments

If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
Ytrog

Postby Cittasanto » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:00 am

I stumbles accross the video which was posted on the forum some time ago
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Previous

Return to Open Dhamma