The one practice only that what he saw directly

An open and inclusive investigation into Buddhism and spiritual cultivation

The one practice only that what he saw directly

Postby DAWN » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:04 am

By contemplain practice this remark comes to me,
'The one practice only that what he saw directly'

What do you think about it?
Can the one dipply, fully and naturaly practice that the one dont saw by his own?
Sabbe dhamma anatta
We are not concurents...
I'am sorry for my english
DAWN

Re: The one practice only that what he saw directly

Postby Hanzze » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:14 am

If we just relay on what we have seen already, it would not bring us further, so it's good to develope much saddha but keep it in balance with what is "seen" already and practice further in accordiance of good advices (at best the of the Buddha).

So it's maybe better to say: "The one who only practice (in accordiance) will see."
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
Hanzze

Postby DAWN » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:28 am

Yes,
you a reason, dear Hanzze,
Also,
by reading suttas of The Bouddha,
this remarks comes to me,
the one remember only that suttas
that by the one has alredy seen
Sabbe dhamma anatta
We are not concurents...
I'am sorry for my english
DAWN

Postby Hanzze » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:34 am

Of couse they can help to win more saddha. Not to talk about the joy that might come up but the one one does not like or remember are often much more importand.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
Hanzze

Return to Open Dhamma