A friend in the dhamma

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
DNS
Site Admin

Re: A friend in the dhamma

Post by DNS »

yawares wrote: Have I told you lately that I love you? Well David, I'm telling you now...cross my heart! You have a heart of gold..
I-love-you-more-can't-breathe-without-you-miss-you-already.
yawares wrote: I'm honored to know a kalayanamitta like you :heart:
yawares/tidathep :heart:
Thanks, likewise, good to have you as a kalayanamitta.
pilgrim wrote:Buddhist singles..
Searching for your buddhahalf?
Click away
http://www.buddhistpassions.com/
http://www.connectingsingles.com/religi ... ingles.htm
http://buddhistsingle.org/
There it is; I thought there might be online sites such as those by now. Now Buddhist singles in a few clicks can find their "anatta-mate".
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

David N. Snyder wrote:
yawares wrote: Have I told you lately that I love you? Well David, I'm telling you now...cross my heart! You have a heart of gold..
-----------
Dear David,

I like your joke :tongue:

yawares :thinking:
---------
yawares: Tep/I collect kalayanamittas...so far we have Dr.Han Tun/Antony/Alex/Dieter...Hasitapada went to be a meditator in Sri Lanka...but we love Dr.Han Tun the most..he just had a surgery at a Thai hospital. :cry:
nem

Post by nem »

Thanks for the replies.

David hit it spot-on, probably many of us are looking for mates that are a little less materialistic. I was married for a decade to someone less materialistic than those I am seeing now. But unfortunately she had anger and jealousy issues.. so, it's one thing or another..

Pilgrim. Thanks for the site link!

Yawares,

I was surprised to hear of Thailand, a Buddhist country...the women still are talking about shoes and clothes all the time?. I'm not even sure if the Buddha had shoes, and thought people there would have been raised to not value those sort of simple things. I've been thinking of coming there to stay for a while and learn about Thai Bhuddism. My background is Sri Lankan Ramanna tradition, so I'm interested in a different perspective from up there. If you have teacher suggestions, please PM me.
yawares

Post by yawares »

nem wrote:Thanks for the replies.

David hit it spot-on, probably many of us are looking for mates that are a little less materialistic. I was married for a decade to someone less materialistic than those I am seeing now. But unfortunately she had anger and jealousy issues.. so, it's one thing or another..

Pilgrim. Thanks for the site link!

Yawares,

I was surprised to hear of Thailand, a Buddhist country...the women still are talking about shoes and clothes all the time?. I'm not even sure if the Buddha had shoes, and thought people there would have been raised to not value those sort of simple things. I've been thinking of coming there to stay for a while and learn about Thai Bhuddism. My background is Sri Lankan Ramanna tradition, so I'm interested in a different perspective from up there. If you have teacher suggestions, please PM me.
----------------
Dear Nem,

I'm so happy that you're not mad at me...I truly wish to help you to find a woman of your dream..Dear Nem, Bangkok is full of dangerous women who will love you and take the credit-card from you...if you refuse...she's gone gone gone !! All the great monks, that I love , passed away. The only respectable US monk that Luang-Ta Bua praised many times, is Bhikkhu Dick..now has a monastery in Virginia: Forest Dhamma Monastery Organization... 255 Snakefoot Lane, Lexington VA24450. Or the famous Bhikkhu Thanissaro in San Diego, California..Metta Forest Monastery.

Where do you live? Why go so far to Thailand? You may find pretty girls at temples anywhere...and they are well educated with rich parents...professors/doctors/lawyers/Thai restaurant owners/Thai food store owners etc.

You know..my English neighbor(single, a researcher @ Texas A&M Univ.) asked me to introduce him to a pretty Thai girl...so I said that he has to lose about 30 lbs. then I'll take him to a Thai temple on the beauty pageant day...to introduce him to all the pretty contestants...believe it or not..he runs/bikes.. goes to GoldGym...his belly is not as big and he's better looking than before. So before Beauty pageant day I'll tell him to get a cool haircut...I sure will take him to the temple if he wears nice suit/tie. Look is quite important to get pretty chicks.

My husband doesn't like the idea...but I said I just wanted to help him to find his dream-girl. He always comes to talk to me whenever I walk in my garden..front yard...he's very polite...he's my neighbor who loves Thai foods/Thai girls.

Please write to me anytime you want...I'll reply you with sincerity/truth.
yawares
yawares

Post by yawares »

tidathep wrote:
David N. Snyder wrote:
-----------
Dear David,

I like your joke :tongue:

yawares :thinking:
---------
yawares: Tep/I collect kalayanamittas...so far we have Dr.Han Tun/Antony/Alex/Dieter...Hasitapada went to be a meditator in Sri Lanka...but we love Dr.Han Tun the most..he just had a surgery at a Thai hospital. :cry: