Nietzsche and Buddhism

Where members are free to take ideas from the Theravāda Canon out of the Theravāda framework. Here you can question rebirth, kamma (and other contentious issues) as well as examine Theravāda's connection to other paths
Prasadachitta

Nietzsche and Buddhism

Postby Prasadachitta » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:47 pm

A freind of mine wrote this book and I avoided reading it for quite a while. I have tended to be averse to Nietzche for completely uninformed and rather ignorant reasons. I have enjoyed it a lot and I think anyone who is interested in a comparative analysis of this philosopher and early Buddhist teaching and practice will get something out of it.

The Author who I know as Sagaramati is currently writing another edition to make some corrections but I dont know when that will come out.

If anyone does read it and would like to discuss aspects of the book I will check in from time to time.

Nietzsche and Buddhism: A Study in Nihilism and Ironic Affinities
http://www.amazon.com/Nietzsche-Buddhism-Nihilism-Ironic-Affinities/dp/0198238657/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372624421&sr=8-1&keywords=nietzsche+and+buddhism

Enjoy

Prasdachitta
"Beautifully taught is the Lord's Dhamma, immediately apparent, timeless, of the nature of a personal invitation, progressive, to be attained by the wise, each for himself." Anguttara Nikaya V.332

Return to “Fringe Theravāda Discussion”