inspiring Dhamma Deaths

Where members are free to take ideas from the Theravāda Canon out of the Theravāda framework. Here you can question rebirth, kamma (and other contentious issues) as well as examine Theravāda's connection to other paths
Sanjay PS

inspiring Dhamma Deaths

Postby Sanjay PS » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:21 pm

Many years ago i came across a few articles which were inspiring Dhamma moments of people who passed away while in their earnestness of purpose . Would be very grateful if others could contribute in posting such happenings . i do not have links that i have read of earlier , but i was deeply moved .

In Australia there were a husband and wife Australian couple , lay assistant teachers of Vipassana , who were conducting a 10 day course . During the the last days of the course , the gentleman developed a cardiac arrest , and was rushed to the hospital . His wife stayed back continuing with the course , the assistant teacher , by the time he was brought to the the ICU had passed away . His wife was conveyed the news , she chose to peacefully accept and continue on , and decided in finishing the course until the metta day , and then take leave from the centre.

In a place called Dhamma Giri , in Igatpuri , India , while a long course was being conducted , an elderly lady participating in the course , at the ending of the days finish , when acknowledging the metta of Bhavatu Saba Manglam , bent down her head in saying Sadhu , Sadhu , and passed away sitting with her head down saying the third time Sadhu .

sanjay
The Path of Dhamma

The path of Dhamma is no picnic . It is a strenuous march steeply up the hill . If all the comrades desert you , Walk alone ! Walk alone ! with all the Thrill !!

U S.N. Goenka

Return to “Fringe Theravāda Discussion”