Will the bad days stop or will they continue?

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

one suffer because one hasnt existed long : )
Anagarika

Re: Will the bad days stop or will they continue?

Post by Anagarika »

villkorkarma wrote:Will the bad days stop or will they continue?
The days will come and go. What makes them bad, Villkor? You may know that the Buddha tried to teach a means to get past the arising of impermanent perceptions that we characterize as suffering. There is pain and change in life, but it may not be necessary to suffer. So, share more about where your question is coming from, and others here will give you some insight on this question.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Yes, they will definitely continue. But there will also be some good days too. Best to get out, to strive for Nibbana. Also, with progress you can tolerate and handle the bad days better.
PsychedelicSunSet

Post by PsychedelicSunSet »

A student went to his meditation teacher and said, "My meditation is horrible! I feel so distracted, or my legs ache, or I'm constantly falling asleep. It's just horrible!" "It will pass," the teacher said matter-of-factly.

A week later, the student came back to his teacher. "My meditation is wonderful! I feel so aware, so peaceful, so alive! It's just wonderful!'

"It will pass,"
the teacher replied matter-of-factly.

This story applies to all things. Bad days mean that good days are about to happen, and good days mean bad days are about to happen. Not attaching to either is all part of the practice.

:anjali:
Metta
manas

Post by manas »

You sound stressed, villkor. I've sent you a pm, maybe that would be a good way to share what is troubling you, and maybe myself, or some other member, could offer a sympathetic and helpful ear?

manas :anjali:
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.
Digity

Post by Digity »

It really depends on how you learn to handle the bad days. I use to have lots of bad days, but over time it shifted to more good days. However, that reqiured a lot of self-work, reflection, maturing, etc. The bad days don't disappear over night, but things can change and change for the better with patience and endurance.
Sanjay PS

Post by Sanjay PS »

There is a saying that whatever happens , happens for the best . i think , this may not be as true , but it is up to us in making whatever happens , happen for the best . There is always some learning that we can do , in both the pleasant and unpleasant predicament that all of us keep finding ourselves in , from time to time .

i know the feeling can be overwhelming when the odds are well stacked against us , and more importantly our minds is also down in the dumps , at the same time . Introspection really helps , and i have found the best recourse is to urgently address our weaknesses , and then work steadily in eradicating them . It pays off , and whatever seems to be thrown at us, good or bad , all comes to good use.

Just don't give up . Everyone hurts , and we create our own hurts .........

sanjay
The Path of Dhamma

The path of Dhamma is no picnic . It is a strenuous march steeply up the hill . If all the comrades desert you , Walk alone ! Walk alone ! with all the Thrill !!

U S.N. Goenka