Hostility; Nostrils; Anapanasati; Human Identity

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Pondera

Re: Hostility; Nostrils; Anapanasati; Human Identity

Post by Pondera »

The "sneer" response in the nose completely disappears when the muscles in the sacrum are relaxed. Food for thought. :namaste:
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded
dxm_dxm

Post by dxm_dxm »

The "sneer" response in the nose completely disappears when the muscles in the sacrum are relaxed.
Where did you get this idea from ? :thinking:
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

Just observation. When my sacrum is at ease there is little to no automatic sneer response in the nostrils. And when my sacrum is not at ease, the sneer response is active and automatic. That's really all I can say. Why do you ask? Do you have a strong sneer reflex?
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

Now the sacrum relaxed gives rise to a darkness in the heart - a flow of nothingness that, if not let out, threatens to swallow your soul. But the relaxed sacrum is the only way to cool off the brain stem - or so it seems. Just more food for thought.