Buddha is Maya

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
lovediction

Buddha is Maya

Post by lovediction »

And Maya is Buddha.

Gotama Buddha's Dhamma is a contradiction of his own teaching and he subjects man for 2,500 years into his sangha by his rule. That is, Buddha's destiny to be king came true and he has done the most remarkable feat than any other king in history. He has ruled men past his own death over centuries without even being present.

As a matter of fact Buddhas greatest idea was to expound a false dhamma to doubtful men. Those that see through Buddha BUT UNDERSTAND him are enlightened people.

Buddha plays Maya to those who forget they already are buddhas.
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Buddha is Maya

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

When you use the term maya, are you referring to the sanskrit term for "illusion" ?

Your post sounds similar to some Mahayana teaching? You may also want to join:

http://www.dharmawheel.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (a Mahayana forum, associated with this site)
lovediction

Post by lovediction »

David N. Snyder wrote:Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

When you use the term maya, are you referring to the sanskrit term for "illusion" ?

Your post sounds similar to some Mahayana teaching? You may also want to join:

http://www.dharmawheel.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (a Mahayana forum, associated with this site)
Thank you for the welcome.

Actually, i really meant Mara.

Therefore, Buddha is Mara, Mara--Buddha.

That said, in terms of Genius I sincerely believe Gotama ranks in the top three geniuses the world has ever seen. In terms of mind, he is number one.
acinteyyo

Post by acinteyyo »

lovediction wrote:As a matter of fact Buddhas greatest idea was to expound a false dhamma to doubtful men.
Would you please explain this further.

best wishes, acinteyyo
Thag 1.20. Ajita - I do not fear death; nor do I long for life. I’ll lay down this body, aware and mindful.
bodom

Post by bodom »

acinteyyo wrote:
lovediction wrote:As a matter of fact Buddhas greatest idea was to expound a false dhamma to doubtful men.
Would you please explain this further.

best wishes, acinteyyo
I was hoping for clarification of the entire post myself.

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

:shock:
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
plwk

Post by plwk »

Buddha is Mara, Mara is Buddha ....Image
meindzai

Post by meindzai »

plwk wrote:Image
Hotei is Hotei.

-M
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

What led you to draw these strange conclusions Rizzo?

metta
Jack
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks
Kenshou

Post by Kenshou »

...do I detect some buddha-dhatu/tathagatagarbha? My Mahayana senses are tingling.
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

So far this is one dumb-assed thread. Maybe it might get better. . .
Attachments
dumbass[1].jpg
dumbass[1].jpg (15.69 KiB) Viewed 3909 times
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Don't hold your breath.

:lol:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Too late
Attachments
hold-your-breath-634[1].jpg
hold-your-breath-634[1].jpg (16.79 KiB) Viewed 3904 times
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

The result:
Attachments
hairball_for_you[1].gif
hairball_for_you[1].gif (8.04 KiB) Viewed 3902 times

plwk

Post by plwk »

Hotei is Hotei.
It was the picture of his laugh that I wanted to borrow for that quote, not relating him to the quote per se :jumping:
(Then again, I should have used Mr Bean...)