Written Assignment Help

An open and inclusive investigation into Buddhism and spiritual cultivation

Written Assignment Help

Postby paxton » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:02 am

Hi DW Community,

First time poster here but I read the forums quite often. In my first year Intro to Buddhism class, we were just given an assignment to write 2.5page max essay on Vajrayana and Zen Buddhist models. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers or knowledge they would like to share regarding the topic.

Here is the assignment outline:

Vajrayana and Zen Buddhists developed models of the path to Buddhahood that differed significantly from those of earlier forms of Buddhism. Vajrayana Buddhists developed three main models: Yoga tantra, highest yoga tantra and Dzogchen. Zen Buddhists claimed to teach "sudden enlightenment". What were the conceptual foundations of these models and how did Buddhists believe that these methods led to Buddhahood? In discussing the Dzogchen system, be sure to discuss how the Dzochen vision of the path to Buddhahood is based on its vision of the origin of the universe. In discussing sudden enlightenment, be sure to discuss how Shen-hui established this doctrine as the "official" doctrine of Zen, and the different ways that it was interpreted by Zen thinkers, including Shen-hui himself, the teachers of the "Golden Age of Ch'an" the Rinzai school and the Soto school."

Any information you guys care to share on the listed topics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Pax
paxton

Re: Written Assignment Help

Postby retrofuturist » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:04 am

Greetings Pax,

You'll probably have more luck at...

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana and Vajrayana forum)
http://www.dharmawheel.net/

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: Written Assignment Help

Postby paxton » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:09 pm

Thank you Retro. :)
paxton

Return to Open Dhamma