Mind and Life XIV - Dialogues and Panel discussion

Where members are free to take ideas from the Theravāda Canon out of the Theravāda framework. Here you can question rebirth, kamma (and other contentious issues) as well as examine Theravāda's connection to other paths
5heaps

Mind and Life XIV - Dialogues and Panel discussion

Postby 5heaps » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:40 pm

two very interesting discussions between the neuroscientist position and the buddhist position on consciousness

Mind and Life XIV -- Day 4 am - with the Dalai Lama

Mind and Life XIV -- Day 4 pm - with the Dalai Lama

the first session contains a lucid explanation of the theory of emergence, the second session is more from the buddhist position and includes things like a brief intro to sautrantika cognition theory, talk about the various subtle minds, meditation, and even yoga where a person does not need to breath for hours at a time.
A Japanese man has been arrested on suspicion of writing a computer virus that destroys and replaces files on a victim PC with manga images of squid, octopuses and sea urchins. Masato Nakatsuji, 27, of Izumisano, Osaka Prefecture, was quoted as telling police: "I wanted to see how much my computer programming skills had improved since the last time I was arrested."

Return to “Fringe Theravāda Discussion”