MRCP II MADE EASY

An open and inclusive investigation into Buddhism and spiritual cultivation
katherine raines

MRCP II MADE EASY

Postby katherine raines » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:37 am

This is a new book I was reccomended by a friend written by a Buddhist. He is a Harvard trained physician who is also a Member of the Royal College of Physicians London (MRCP ) and a Royal Physician. He describes Buddha as one of the first physician as he used the same modern approach to internal medicine.
1.The diagnosis: life is suffering ( or dissatisfaction ),2. the aetiology: the three poisons at the centre of our wheel of life.3. The prognosis : which is goog and the 4. Cure: which is the eight fold path and the four noble truth. It is a litany ( case histories ) interwoven with interesting medical data describing our samsaric existence and learning is subliminal . It is written in the style of Michael Crichton, Asimov and Frank Herbert. In many ways it opened my eyes to the plight of others as while I worry of a lack of shoes , others have no feet. My family loves it as each case is like a series of House MD.

tiltbillings

Re: MRCP II MADE EASY

Postby tiltbillings » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:32 am

++++++++++++++++
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723

Return to “Open Dhamma”