stealing breath energy from another person

An open and inclusive investigation into Buddhism and spiritual cultivation

stealing breath energy from another person

Postby srd » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:59 pm

I am writing to you to see if you can shed some light on something that confounds my rational mind. It is to do with taking energy from other people. It happens to me several times a week.

It involves a feeling of an energy vacuum or hole appearing in my chest, and a corresponding gain of energy from the nearest person. This usually results in them taking a sudden intake of breath, or suddenly coughing. It starts as an unconscious process (I can never initiate it myself), where the energy vacuum appears in my chest, but continues as a conscious process, where I choose to continue with this 'grab' of energy. So, in effect, I can cause people to lose their breath, and breath in suddenly, or suddenly cough, all because of this channel that occurs.

I have tried searching Google for any clues to see what this, and have only found a website about energy vampires. That website wasn't accurately describing what happens for me. This phenomenon can't be interpreted through physics or science, which is why I am writing to you, to see if you can explain what is happening, why it is happening, and to point me in the right direction to learn more about things which can't be described by the rational mind and science.

I appreciate any help you can provide.
srd

Re: stealing breath energy from another person

Postby Prasadachitta » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:24 pm

srd wrote:which is why I am writing to you, to see if you can explain what is happening, why it is happening, and to point me in the right direction to learn more about things which can't be described by the rational mind and science.

Hi SRD,

Pay close attention to your experience. Be as aware as you can of your emotions and intentions. You will learn a great deal over time. Anything else I say will necessarily be a product of the rational mind.

Take Care

Gabe
"Beautifully taught is the Lord's Dhamma, immediately apparent, timeless, of the nature of a personal invitation, progressive, to be attained by the wise, each for himself." Anguttara Nikaya V.332
Prasadachitta

Postby Mawkish1983 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:17 pm

Welcome to Dhammawheel SRD :)
Mawkish1983

Postby Goofaholix » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:37 pm

What I suggest you do is ask the person next to you that you belivee you've gained energy from "Did you notice your energy just got sapped?". If the answer is yes then this warrents further investigation, if no then I suggest you put it down to a vivid imagination, just notice it and let go of it and learn a bit about Buddhism.
"Proper effort is not the effort to make something particular happen. It is the effort to be aware and awake each moment." - Ajahn Chah
"When we see beyond self, we no longer cling to happiness. When we stop clinging, we can begin to be happy." - Ajahn Chah
"Know and watch your heart. It’s pure but emotions come to colour it." — Ajahn Chah
Goofaholix

Postby Annapurna » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:28 pm

srd,

I agree with Goofaholix.

Perhaps try to return the "stolen energy", if you think they are damaged, -should work in the same way, by thinking about it.

Best wishes to you
http://www.schmuckzauberei.blogspot.com/
Annapurna

Postby octathlon » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:48 pm

No matter what is going on, whether it's "real" or "imaginary", it's a negative thing best to stop. Besides, the universe is full of energy, why would you want to steal someone else's yucky energy? :spy:

Practicing metta meditation frequently should help resolve the issue. :heart: :meditate:
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/auth ... el365.html

srd wrote: It starts as an unconscious process (I can never initiate it myself), where the energy vacuum appears in my chest, but continues as a conscious process, where I choose to continue with this 'grab' of energy.

Easy then, choose not to continue the grab. Instead generate a feeling of good will toward the person and think "may you be well, may you be happy, may you be free from suffering." Or if you don't feel comfortable directing it specifically to that person, think "may all beings be well ..." etc.
octathlon

Return to Open Dhamma