Human reborn as Human

An open and inclusive investigation into Buddhism and spiritual cultivation
User avatar
clw_uk
Posts: 3577
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:36 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1
Location: Wales, United Kingdom

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby clw_uk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:55 am

My strong view is that you don't.


Yet you cant prove it :zzz:




It is a natural force. It can be measured in terms of effect. It can definitely be examined (not in a modern scientific lab which is no equipped). It can certainly be observed, and it doesn't require philosophy or high-powered instruments or iddhi or clairvoyance.



If it cant be measured, experimented upon/with and the data shared then it is not science, and you still havent proved to me that it exists or that is is anything other than a notion in your head


"Superstition surrounds everyone and coats everything that we study." Do you deny that it doesn't? You can find superstition ANYWHERE.


Science is not superstition


I explained that I myself indeed cannot prove it to you, but I say that it can be proven by attentive inquiry.


Which is a cop out, if you cant prove it to me...


The Buddha didn't teach it, the Buddha didn't teach it. The Buddha hardly taught anything in regards to modern science, which you hold in great esteem.



Magic is not "modern science", cant believe im having this conversation in the 21st century

The Buddha taught scarcely little of the things that are popularly taught today. He taught something that was not taught by anyone else, the Dhamma. Everything that didn't come out of his mouth shouldn't be warranted as leading-to-dukkha. You can't divide everything into 1) Buddhadhamma 2) Modern Science 3)leading-to-dukkha.


The Buddha was concerned with Dukkha and its ending, which "magic" :quote: (regardless of it exists or not) has nothing to do with

However your claims enter the realms of science, and you have not yet proved that it exists



You deny the evidence because it is not in terms of modern scientific study.


What ****** evidence? You havent given anything other than white noise and your own opinion


"The University is not a miraculous place where all definite knowledge is stored."



Straw Man. I didnt say it was, you claimed that magic was a scientific field, if it was then it would be taught at uni, which it isnt...


Why does it sound that way?


Because its a lot of words that dont explain anything


It is a science. Evolutionary theory is a science, and it is far less useful.



Ok, firstly if it is a science, where is the hypothesis, data, experiment and peer reviewed articles?


Secondly, Evolution is far more useful than "spells" :roll:


I am not superstitious and I've said nothing to suggest that I am superstitious. I have no incentive for superstition.


Umm magic :roll:


Why do you say "huh?" when I explained that you cannot accept more elaborate insight into the workings of these forces if you cannot even approach an explanation in basic words? You seem so certain that you know everything there is to know about magic, and what it really is, yet in a controversy you claim repeatedly that it would be impossible to confirm what I'm trying to explain to you. The fact is, you haven't confirmed it, and as long as you would like to stay in the sphere of Modern Science, you won't be able to confirm that it is in fact anything. I've told you that it cannot be studied in that way, it must be studied with a delicate science of increasing precision.


The onus is on you to provide evidence, which you have failed to do

I dont have to prove magic exists, you do, even more so if you claim it is a "science"
“The Great Way is not difficult for those who have no preferences. When love and hate are both absent, everything becomes clear and undisguised." Verses on the Faith Mind, Sengcan

User avatar
clw_uk
Posts: 3577
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:36 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1
Location: Wales, United Kingdom

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby clw_uk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:03 am

You seem so certain that you know everything there is to know about magic, and what it really is, yet in a controversy you claim repeatedly that it would be impossible to confirm what I'm trying to explain to you.



Nope, I dont know anything about magic other than its a concept you have pushed without any evidence to support it, which most proponents of magic also do...
“The Great Way is not difficult for those who have no preferences. When love and hate are both absent, everything becomes clear and undisguised." Verses on the Faith Mind, Sengcan

User avatar
son of dhamma
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:09 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006
Location: Ponce de Leon Springs, Fl
Contact:

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby son of dhamma » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:09 am

The exchange of data takes place between people who actually study the science, my friend. OF COURSE magic is not Modern Science, I have said everything to the contrary in fact. If I knew nothing about the scientific process or had the background knowledge to interpret scientific evidence in Modern Scientific study, and you gave me loads of information on it, then it would mean nothing to me and I could call it superstition just because I don't know what I'm talking about.
I'm not talking about dukkha and it's ending (the Buddhadhamma). I'm talking about a practical science that is useful, helpful, and for some people still a degree of necessity.
*It is important for you to explain to me how I'm speaking in white noise, so I can adjust for you. (I'm not speaking my opinions here, I'm giving you a view that is very grounded.)
I don't comprehend your claim that if magic is a scientific field (hey, it isn't, there is a scientific field for magic) then it would be taught at a university. From my viewpoint here, things look quite different as it is something of a science that I study and have studied with others and study scientifically with others according to scientific methodology.
Firstly, evolution is in no way more useful that spells. Evolution isn't even practical. We're not even into magical theory, we're talking about the basic fundamentals here.
Just because I say the word "magic" doesn't mean you can equate it to superstition. You can't communicate ideas to people by misinterpreting their words.
I cannot prove to you that magic exists. I have proven it, it is quite proven I assure you. As I've said you'd have to approach it yourself to find semblance of proof. And you approach is scientifically--not with Modern Scientific incentive, but with the methodology nonetheless.
with metta
Sometimes no Buddhas arise in the world. Sometimes they do. When it happens, it is for the welfare and happiness of men, out of compassion for all creatures. For a long, long time he has been working to become a Buddha. He met other Buddhas along the way. And after his long striving he attains his final life, yet not without showing everyone else how to get there.

User avatar
clw_uk
Posts: 3577
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:36 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1
Location: Wales, United Kingdom

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby clw_uk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:18 am

The exchange of data takes place between people who actually study the science, my friend


You can also get access to the data

. OF COURSE magic is not Modern Science, I have said everything to the contrary in fact.


Actually you implied it was

If I knew nothing about the scientific process or had the background knowledge to interpret scientific evidence in Modern Scientific study, and you gave me loads of information on it, then it would mean nothing to me and I could call it superstition just because I don't know what I'm talking about.


Nope since I can instruct you in it and give you data that other scientists can repeat and examine, havent seen a "magic" version of this at all

I'm not talking about dukkha and it's ending (the Buddhadhamma). I'm talking about a practical science that is useful, helpful, and for some people still a degree of necessity.


Its not science, you still haven't proved that its anything other than a notion in your mind

*It is important for you to explain to me how I'm speaking in white noise, so I can adjust for you. (I'm not speaking my opinions here, I'm giving you a view that is very grounded.)
I don't comprehend your claim that if magic is a scientific field (hey, it isn't, there is a scientific field for magic) then it would be taught at a university.


If it was a scientific field then it would be taught at uni

From my viewpoint here, things look quite different as it is something of a science that I study and have studied with others and study scientifically with others according to scientific methodology.


Your being confusing here

Firstly, evolution is in no way more useful that spells. Evolution isn't even practical.


Really, so understanding how HIV evolves in response to drugs that treat it isnt helpful, to give you one such example

Or the flu, when the drugs we introduce put pressure on the virus?

BTW have you studied Biology?

We're not even into magical theory, we're talking about the basic fundamentals here.


Wish I could see that evidence, hello?

Just because I say the word "magic" doesn't mean you can equate it to superstition. You can't communicate ideas to people by misinterpreting their words.


Yet you cant prove to me that it isnt other than superstition, once again its not different to saying "Jesus is the son of God"

I cannot prove to you that magic exists. I have proven it,


So you cant prove it but yet you have, :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye:

it is quite proven I assure you. As I've said you'd have to approach it yourself to find semblance of proof. And you approach is scientifically--not with Modern Scientific incentive, but with the methodology nonetheless.


A hint of white noise with no evidence, :zzz:
“The Great Way is not difficult for those who have no preferences. When love and hate are both absent, everything becomes clear and undisguised." Verses on the Faith Mind, Sengcan

User avatar
son of dhamma
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:09 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006
Location: Ponce de Leon Springs, Fl
Contact:

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby son of dhamma » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:36 am

I can only tell you so many times that I can't prove this science to you without showing you myself, and that isn't happening. I stated clearly that you'd have to explore it yourself, with rationality and skepticism and logic and the scientific method.
When I said that I have proved it, and that it is quite proven, I was explaining frankly that I had proven it for myself. You haven't.
It isn't Modern Science, because Modern Science is restricted by bias to the extent that magical forces are rendered moot in its terms.
I could instruct you in the scientific approach to magic all the same as Modern Science, my friend, but it would require complete hands-on personal experience and study that involves the actual experimentation by yourself.
It is a science that you have not been able to study. It is very complicated, delicate, and the critical precision increases with each dynamic level. This is in part why it is not recognized by Modern Science.
You're talking about HIV and the flu and viruses. Yes I have studied biology. I am a very critical, scientific mind. I was referring to evolutionary theory, not the entire branch of evolution. Evolutionary theory of Modern Science among other things is far less practical than magic.
Again the University teaches Modern Science, not the application of science toward such a thing as magic which is so popularly misunderstood. The Buddhadhamma is popularly misunderstood also, and COATED with superstition from cultures all over the world.

"Wish I could see that evidence, hello?"
If you want the evidence, then you have to make it with your own study and your own observations. Didn't the Buddha encourage your own study and observations, amplified with concentration, checked by skepticism?
If you think that me telling you to find things out for yourself is "white noise", then I'm afraid everything that I tell you is merely "white noise".
with metta
Sometimes no Buddhas arise in the world. Sometimes they do. When it happens, it is for the welfare and happiness of men, out of compassion for all creatures. For a long, long time he has been working to become a Buddha. He met other Buddhas along the way. And after his long striving he attains his final life, yet not without showing everyone else how to get there.

User avatar
tiltbillings
Posts: 20080
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:25 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1001

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby tiltbillings » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:44 am

son of dhamma wrote:I can only tell you so many times that I can't prove this science
It is not science.
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond.
SN I, 38.

Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireas na daoine.
People live in one another’s shelter.

dheamhan a fhios agam

"We eat cold eels and think distant thoughts." -- Jack Johnson

User avatar
son of dhamma
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:09 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006
Location: Ponce de Leon Springs, Fl
Contact:

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby son of dhamma » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:45 am

It isn't Modern Science. But an application of the scientific method to any particular study should be called "science". At least, that is my purpose for the word.
with metta
Sometimes no Buddhas arise in the world. Sometimes they do. When it happens, it is for the welfare and happiness of men, out of compassion for all creatures. For a long, long time he has been working to become a Buddha. He met other Buddhas along the way. And after his long striving he attains his final life, yet not without showing everyone else how to get there.

User avatar
clw_uk
Posts: 3577
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:36 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1
Location: Wales, United Kingdom

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby clw_uk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:49 am

I can only tell you so many times that I can't prove this science to you without showing you myself, and that isn't happening.


If its not demonstrated to others internationally, with experimentation and data then its not science. Strange how people like you, who can cast spells, dont come forward to scientific study to prove that its real....

I stated clearly that you'd have to explore it yourself, with rationality and skepticism and logic and the scientific method.


Why would I waste my time when you cant even prove it to me here

When I said that I have proved it, and that it is quite proven, I was explaining frankly that I had proven it for myself. You haven't.


Which means you have failed to prove it, which means it quite safe for me not to accept it, as for the "you havent" bit I think your confused, the onus is on you, not me

It isn't Modern Science, because Modern Science is restricted by bias to the extent that magical forces are rendered moot in its terms.


Actually if there was evidence, science would accept it, thats how science works. Starting to sound like you dont know what science is

.
It is a science that you have not been able to study. It is very complicated, delicate, and the critical precision increases with each dynamic level. This is in part why it is not recognized by Modern Science.



Because there is no evidence

You're talking about HIV and the flu and viruses. Yes I have studied biology. I am a very critical, scientific mind. I was referring to evolutionary theory, not the entire branch of evolution


Evolution Theory is practical, if you did know Biology you wouldnt claim otherwise

. Evolutionary theory of Modern Science among other things is far less practical than magic.


Except that there is far more evidence for Evolution than magical spells...

Again the University teaches Modern Science, not the application of science toward such a thing as magic which is so popularly misunderstood


I wonder why :jumping:

. The Buddhadhamma is popularly misunderstood also, and COATED with superstition from cultures all over the world.


Nothing to do with the discussion at hand

"Wish I could see that evidence, hello?"
If you want the evidence, then you have to make it with your own study and your own observations. Didn't the Buddha encourage your own study and observations, amplified with concentration, checked by skepticism?


For dukkha, not magic. Magic claims go into the realm of Science, for which the proponents fail to prove...

If you think that me telling you to find things out for yourself is "white noise", then I'm afraid everything that I tell you is merely "white noise".


White noise is where you say a load of crap, like "ohh positive energy" or "jesus is the son of god" yet dont provide any proof of such claims, which are also nebulous in themselves
“The Great Way is not difficult for those who have no preferences. When love and hate are both absent, everything becomes clear and undisguised." Verses on the Faith Mind, Sengcan

User avatar
tiltbillings
Posts: 20080
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:25 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1001

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby tiltbillings » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:50 am

son of dhamma wrote:It isn't Modern Science. But an application of the scientific method to any particular study should be called "science". At least, that is my purpose for the word.
Okay, if it is science then it certainly open to revision in light of new information. It does not depend upon subjective claims and it is measurable and potentially falsifiable. There is nothing in what you have offered that would suggest what you are claiming is science.
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond.
SN I, 38.

Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireas na daoine.
People live in one another’s shelter.

dheamhan a fhios agam

"We eat cold eels and think distant thoughts." -- Jack Johnson

User avatar
ground
Posts: 2592
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:01 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 6

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby ground » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:54 am

Inference is twofold
for onself and others
Among them, the inference for oneself is the cognition, in regard to the inferable, from evidence having the three modes.
...
And the three modes have only the three evidences.
(1) non-apprehension
(2) individual presence
(3) result
...
The non-apprehension of an inaccessible object, having the character of suspending direct perception and inference, is a cause of doubt, because there is no proof of the absence of an entity when the two authorities (i.e direct perception and inference) are suspended.
Nyayabindu, Dharmakirti (Alex Wayman, Millennium of Buddhist Logic)


Kind regards

User avatar
son of dhamma
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:09 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006
Location: Ponce de Leon Springs, Fl
Contact:

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby son of dhamma » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:03 am

tiltbillings wrote: There is nothing in what you have offered that would suggest what you are claiming is science.


Excluding the presupposition, that the evidence is something that is made from highly delicate, attentive inquiry according to the scientific method (when in experimentation), and that data is exchanged effectively only between people within that field of study. It is quite scientific. It's just not mainstream and it isn't commonplace either--but it is there. It doesn't depend on subjective claims, but still you cannot study the objective claims without some semblance of subjective study in the field. You can't look at everything with no basic understanding. This is what makes the science unconventional, and sacrilegious to Modern Scientific study, but it is science nonetheless. Practical, grounded, veritably scientific study in a field of scientific people. Sure there are many people affiliated with magical forces who aren't scientific, all kinds of fanatics, idiots, and religious people who put their faith in these areas. But I'm talking about the science of it, not the idiocy.
with metta
Sometimes no Buddhas arise in the world. Sometimes they do. When it happens, it is for the welfare and happiness of men, out of compassion for all creatures. For a long, long time he has been working to become a Buddha. He met other Buddhas along the way. And after his long striving he attains his final life, yet not without showing everyone else how to get there.

User avatar
clw_uk
Posts: 3577
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:36 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1
Location: Wales, United Kingdom

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby clw_uk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:07 am

son of dhamma wrote:
tiltbillings wrote: There is nothing in what you have offered that would suggest what you are claiming is science.


Excluding the presupposition, that the evidence is something that is made from highly delicate, attentive inquiry according to the scientific method (when in experimentation), and that data is exchanged effectively only between people within that field of study. It is quite scientific. It's just not mainstream and it isn't commonplace either--but it is there. It doesn't depend on subjective claims, but still you cannot study the objective claims with some semblance of subjective study in the field. You can look at everything with no basic understanding. This is what makes the science unconventional, and sacrilegious to Modern Scientific study, but it is science nonetheless. Practical, grounded, veritably scientific study in a field of scientific people. Sure there are many people affiliated with magical forces who aren't scientific, all kinds of fanatics, idiots, and religious people who put their faith in these areas. But I'm talking about the science of it, not the idiocy.
with metta




Yet it offers no hypothesis, no data, no experiments or articles, no courses in uni and nothing practical. It is not falsifiable and not open to revision. Further insult is that you cant even prove that "it" exists...


If this "magic" did exist, if would be a revolution in science since it would change our understanding of how the universe works as well as the application it would have

Yet no "magic" person has come forward to show their "abilities", I wonder why?....
“The Great Way is not difficult for those who have no preferences. When love and hate are both absent, everything becomes clear and undisguised." Verses on the Faith Mind, Sengcan

User avatar
clw_uk
Posts: 3577
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:36 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1
Location: Wales, United Kingdom

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby clw_uk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:12 am

Son of Dhamma

If you really know "magic" and know how to use it and show it, then why not prove it to scientists? Why not share your knowledge and usher in a new revolution in human history?


If not scientists then just go to the media, show the skills, show that it is real...
“The Great Way is not difficult for those who have no preferences. When love and hate are both absent, everything becomes clear and undisguised." Verses on the Faith Mind, Sengcan

User avatar
son of dhamma
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:09 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006
Location: Ponce de Leon Springs, Fl
Contact:

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby son of dhamma » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:24 am

Clw, I use magic all the time. I explained to you that everyone uses magic to some degree, and I also explained that these magical forces work only in direct concordance with the exclusive enabling forces.
In this paragraph, "Yet it offers no hypothesis, no data, no experiments or articles, no courses in uni and nothing practical. It is not falsifiable and not open to revision. Further insult is that you cant even prove that 'it' exists..." you contradicted everything that I have pointed out. If you endeavored to undergo the study then you would actually have hypothesis and data according to your own experiments and in relation to the experiment of others (a scientific community?) and you would of course get nothing but practicality out of it--that is assuming that when you got to theory the plain shock of it wouldn't blow you out. I also told you that I proved it exists. Many people have, and we can function in this field because it is REALLY PROVEN to us. It isn't all that difficult to approach as long as you're not pretentious and you have at least a little talent for the science to work with. You are still not understanding that I'm not talking about Modern Science, but another field of science that is quite obscure.
Clw, magic can hardly be used as a spectacular world-changing revolutionary implementation. You're failing to understand that magic isn't some secret hidden amongst elite explorers--as I said from the beginning, it is nothing more than a force of Phenomenological Law. I don't have the means to do what you're suggesting, and I don't that anyone in this scientific community does. It sounds impractical, anyway. We can't use magical force to revolutionize human culture. It is something that our culture would have to regain as a result of a revolution, which is more along the lines of a realization of the Buddhadhamma.
But we're talking about science, not world-revolution or fantasy.
with metta
Sometimes no Buddhas arise in the world. Sometimes they do. When it happens, it is for the welfare and happiness of men, out of compassion for all creatures. For a long, long time he has been working to become a Buddha. He met other Buddhas along the way. And after his long striving he attains his final life, yet not without showing everyone else how to get there.

User avatar
clw_uk
Posts: 3577
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:36 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1
Location: Wales, United Kingdom

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby clw_uk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:34 am

Clw, I use magic all the time. I explained to you that everyone uses magic to some degree, and I also explained that these magical forces work only in direct concordance with the exclusive enabling forces.


Then you should, at some point, be able to prove this to the scientific/wider community, instead of keeping it as your pet "talent"

In this paragraph, "Yet it offers no hypothesis, no data, no experiments or articles, no courses in uni and nothing practical. It is not falsifiable and not open to revision. Further insult is that you cant even prove that 'it' exists..." you contradicted everything that I have pointed out. If you endeavored to undergo the study then you would actually have hypothesis and data according to your own experiments and in relation to the experiment of others (a scientific community?) and you would of course get nothing but practicality out of it--that is assuming that when you got to theory the plain shock of it wouldn't blow you out


Yet it seems I cant share this data with others (since you cant), which makes it a non-science ( and I would say just a superstition of the mind). Why haven't you gone out and taught others what you know, why not share the knowledge, why not PROVE it to humanity. Why not go to scientists and prove it, any yes science is open to this if there is evidence for it (although so far every attempt has failed)


. I also told you that I proved it exists


No you havent

.
Many people have, and we can function in this field because it is REALLY PROVEN to us.


And many people see the Virgin Mary, doesnt mean its real

It isn't all that difficult to approach as long as you're not pretentious and you have at least a little talent for the science to work with. You are still not understanding that I'm not talking about Modern Science, but another field of science that is quite obscure.


And your not understanding that "magic" is not science

C
lw, magic can hardly be used as a spectacular world-changing revolutionary implementation. You're failing to understand that magic isn't some secret hidden amongst elite explorers--as I said from the beginning, it is nothing more than a force of Phenomenological Law.


Hear comes the white noise again. Wtf does "a force of Phenomenological Law" mean, really?

I don't have the means to do what you're suggesting, and I don't that anyone in this scientific community does. It sounds impractical, anyway. We can't use magical force to revolutionize human culture. It is something that our culture would have to regain as a result of a revolution, which is more along the lines of a realization of the Buddhadhamma.


Which means you cant prove it, so I dont accept it, since I wont accept it just because you say so

But we're talking about science, not world-revolution or fantasy.


I think it is more Fantasy, certainly not Science
“The Great Way is not difficult for those who have no preferences. When love and hate are both absent, everything becomes clear and undisguised." Verses on the Faith Mind, Sengcan

User avatar
son of dhamma
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:09 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006
Location: Ponce de Leon Springs, Fl
Contact:

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby son of dhamma » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:47 am

clw_uk wrote:
Clw, magic can hardly be used as a spectacular world-changing revolutionary implementation. You're failing to understand that magic isn't some secret hidden amongst elite explorers--as I said from the beginning, it is nothing more than a force of Phenomenological Law.


Hear comes the white noise again. Wtf does "a force of Phenomenological Law" mean, really?


You've just revealed to me that when you say I'm speaking "white-noise" that you're really just not understanding what I'm saying. I'm not babbling. The Buddha recognized five orders of law, namely: Seasonal Law, Biological Law, Kammic Law, Phenomenological Law, and Psychological Law.
I share scientific research with many people that I know, and we study experiments together, and form joint-hypotheses when we're ready for that. I also introduce others to the field of study. If you haven't gotten into the field of study then you can't make heads or tails of any of the data. I don't know how to use magic to turn water into wine. I can't show that to Modern Scientists.
No, magic isn't science. Magic is a force that can be studied scientifically, and is, by myself, and many others.
Don't accept whatever you don't want to accept. If you want to exclude yourself from this particular field of study on whatever grounds, then that is fine. But if you refuse to produce the evidence with your own work, then my argument is that you shouldn't discredit the work of others. You have no grounds to say that it isn't true. You may only say truthfully that you have no idea.
Fantasy? Why would you think that all of the people in this field of study are so deeply deluded that they play around with things to generate some sort of fantastic hypothetical force? You've never examined the whole of "magic" to find the truth that is embedded within it. Fantasy dissolves under the hyped skepticism of the field of magical study.
with metta
Sometimes no Buddhas arise in the world. Sometimes they do. When it happens, it is for the welfare and happiness of men, out of compassion for all creatures. For a long, long time he has been working to become a Buddha. He met other Buddhas along the way. And after his long striving he attains his final life, yet not without showing everyone else how to get there.

User avatar
tiltbillings
Posts: 20080
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:25 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1001

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby tiltbillings » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:53 am

son of dhamma wrote: Excluding the presupposition, that the evidence is something that is made from highly delicate, attentive inquiry according to the scientific method (when in experimentation), and that data is exchanged effectively only between people within that field of study. It is quite scientific.
What you are offering here is what Hindus, Sufis, Mahayanists and others can all claim of their own highly worked out traditions. It is not scientific. There is no objective verfication or measurement or revision in light of new evidence and there is no basis for falsification.
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond.
SN I, 38.

Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireas na daoine.
People live in one another’s shelter.

dheamhan a fhios agam

"We eat cold eels and think distant thoughts." -- Jack Johnson

User avatar
son of dhamma
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:09 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006
Location: Ponce de Leon Springs, Fl
Contact:

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby son of dhamma » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:59 am

tiltbillings wrote:What you are offering here is what Hindus, Sufis, Mahayanists and others can all claim of their own highly worked out traditions. It is not scientific. There is no objective verfication or measurement or revision in light of new evidence and there is no basis for falsification.


That is incorrect. Within this scientific field of study there is the innate possibility of falsification. What you just suggested is called Mysticism.
with metta
Sometimes no Buddhas arise in the world. Sometimes they do. When it happens, it is for the welfare and happiness of men, out of compassion for all creatures. For a long, long time he has been working to become a Buddha. He met other Buddhas along the way. And after his long striving he attains his final life, yet not without showing everyone else how to get there.

User avatar
tiltbillings
Posts: 20080
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:25 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1001

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby tiltbillings » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:01 am

son of dhamma wrote:
tiltbillings wrote:What you are offering here is what Hindus, Sufis, Mahayanists and others can all claim of their own highly worked out traditions. It is not scientific. There is no objective verfication or measurement or revision in light of new evidence and there is no basis for falsification.


That is incorrect. Within this scientific field of study there is the innate possibility of falsification. What you just suggested is called Mysticism.
with metta
Let us see it. Let us see the objective measurement and the revision in light of new evidence.
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond.
SN I, 38.

Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireas na daoine.
People live in one another’s shelter.

dheamhan a fhios agam

"We eat cold eels and think distant thoughts." -- Jack Johnson

User avatar
son of dhamma
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:09 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006
Location: Ponce de Leon Springs, Fl
Contact:

Re: Human reborn as Human

Postby son of dhamma » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:08 am

If you want to see it--AS I HAVE SAID FROM THE GET-GO--then you'll have to
approach
the field
of study
on
your
own...
(with attentive inquisition, logic, skepticism, and scientific methodology in experimentation).

You know? Explore the world a little. You just need to be open, skeptical, and rooted in wholesomeness.
with metta
Sometimes no Buddhas arise in the world. Sometimes they do. When it happens, it is for the welfare and happiness of men, out of compassion for all creatures. For a long, long time he has been working to become a Buddha. He met other Buddhas along the way. And after his long striving he attains his final life, yet not without showing everyone else how to get there.


Return to “Open Dhamma”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bhikkhu Pesala, clw_uk, Sylvester and 11 guests