2. âmagandha Sutta-The Smell of raw flesh.
239". Millets, palm shoots, chick peas, fallen fruits, roots and what is got from the cow
And that gained rightfully without hurting beings, and for sensual reasons lies are not told
240. Kassapa, drinking well prepared sweet drinks of fine rice,
Offered by others undergoing much trouble, do you partake the smell of raw flesh.
241 'Whatever the relation of Brahmà says, the smell of raw flesh is not suitable for me.
Partaking eatables like fine rice, with well prepared flesh of birds
I ask you this, how does the smell of raw flesh come to you. "
242 "Destroying life, hurting, cutting binding stealing, telling lies, deceit and cheating
Hypocrisy, and going to others' wives, that is the smell of raw flesh, not partaking flesh.
243. Humans not restrained in sensuality, greedy for tastes and mixed with filth
Gone wrong with the view there's no results for actions, that is the smell of raw flesh, not eating flesh.
244. Hard hearted back biters without compassion, conceited and betrayers of friends,
Do not give anything to anyone, that is the smell of raw flesh, not eating flesh.
245. Angry, intoxicated, stuborn, opposing, crafty, jealous and boasting,
Measuring, conceited, and with wrong intimacy, that is the smell of raw flesh, not eating flesh.
246. The evil, stricken with debt, asked to repay would run away,
The worst of men doing evil in this world, that is the smell of raw flesh, not eating flesh.
247. Unrestrained humans get work done worrying others,
Evil, bloody handed, with rough and malicious talk, that is the smell of raw flesh, not eating flesh.
248 The greedy ones destroying the foetus, always work hard, later go to darkness,
They fall into hell upside down, that is the smell of raw flesh not eating flesh.
249. Eating well prepared fish and meat, going naked, shaving, wearing a headdress, leaving perspiration
on the body and pulling out hairs of the head and beard .
Observing the fire sacrifice, practising eel-wriggling, muttering verses and observing the seasons
Do not purify people of their doubts.
250. Protect the streams1 and abide with controlled mental faculties, be gentle and straightforward
according to the Teaching
Bonds given up, dispel all unpleasantness, the wise do not talk of the seen and heard.
251. When the Blessed One explained its meaning again and again, the brahmins learned it.
The Blessed One explained the smell of raw flesh with beautiful verses.
252. Hearing the good words of the Enlightened One for the cessation of the smell of raw flesh,
Those with low minds worshipped the Thus Gone One and begged for the going forth to end all unpleasantness.
source: http://www.metta.lk/tipitaka/2Sutta-Pit ... gga-e.html