Patisambidamagga

Exploring the Dhamma, as understood from the perspective of the ancient Pali commentaries.
Zom

Patisambidamagga

Post by Zom »

A translation of the Patisambhidamagga, a practical guide to the Buddhist way of life and philosophy. The Path of Discrimanation, or comprehension, is attributed to Sariputta and it tries to show exactly how understanding of reality takes place in a practical sense, not simply in theory.

(As I was told, author's rights now are out of date and so this translation is now free to download)
Last edited by Ben on Mon May 17, 2010 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed by moderator until copyright status is confirmed by publisher
bodom

Re: Patisambidamagga

Post by bodom »

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Kenshou

Post by Kenshou »

Hey, thanks, I've wanted to read this for awhile.
Reductor

Post by Reductor »

Are you sure? It looks to be copyrighted by PTS in 1982. Unless the copy right laws are different in Britan I would think that it was still in force.
Ben

Post by Ben »

I think you're right thereductor, the copyright is still in effect.
I will remove the link until the issue is clarified by PTS.
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Anicca

Post by Anicca »

Looks illegal to me - i've deleted my copy. PTS should be notified. Oops - edit - good job Ben!
Ben

Post by Ben »

Thread closed until clarification from PTS
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..