Sutta title is needed

Exploring the Dhamma, as understood from the perspective of the ancient Pali commentaries.
yamaka

Sutta title is needed

Post by yamaka »

Hi all Dhamma friends,

I am looking for a sutta which the contents are describe about how monks practice:

One of a time, Buddha and ven. Ananda paid a visit for 2 monks who in the forest practicing meditation, after that Buddha has pointed out he would worry 1 of the monk will be disrobed and another will attained an arahantship.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance. :namaste:
Hanzze

Re: Sutta title is needed

Post by Hanzze »

Dear yamaka,
I believe I had read a similar story in the book "The Dhammapada" by Dhammananda, but I could remember wrong. Maybe that helps on the research.
_/\_
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
alan

Post by alan »

Don't think there is a Sutta like that.
kirk5a

Post by kirk5a »

alan wrote:Don't think there is a Sutta like that.
Have you read them all? Just wondering.
"When one thing is practiced & pursued, ignorance is abandoned, clear knowing arises, the conceit 'I am' is abandoned, latent tendencies are uprooted, fetters are abandoned. Which one thing? Mindfulness immersed in the body." -AN 1.230
alan

Post by alan »

kirk5a

Post by kirk5a »

:smile: Cool, Alan!
"When one thing is practiced & pursued, ignorance is abandoned, clear knowing arises, the conceit 'I am' is abandoned, latent tendencies are uprooted, fetters are abandoned. Which one thing? Mindfulness immersed in the body." -AN 1.230