Forest Recollections by Kamala Tiyavanich

Post sayings and stories you find interesting or useful.

Postby Subhatto » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:00 pm

I am not so a book reader (more a practiser), but after reading this book: Forest Recollections by Kamala Tiyavanich, it have answered some of my questions. The story's in this book are from the Thai forest Masters such as: Ajahn Mun, Ajahn Chah, Luangpu Waen, Ajahn Fun, Luangpu Lee, Luangta Maha Boowa and many others. It is a collection from different biography books, most are collected of their biography from Thai books. It is a fruitful collection about their path of practice, their difficulties, their obstacles, and how they overcame this. I recommend this book for those who is interested in the Thai Forest tradition, Dhutanga Kammaṭṭāna. Both Thai Forest sect of the Dhammayuttika Nikāya and Mahānikāya are discussed in this book, also both of their history. Here are some selected pages of the book:

http://books.google.nl/books?id=YKwwO5o ... ns&f=false

University of Hawai'I Press ISBN 0-8248-1781-8
The Dhamma guide those who practice the Dhamma
Subhatto

Re: Forest Recollections by Kamala Tiyavanich

Postby Ben » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:00 am

Thank you Subhatto, I am sure this publication will be of great interest particularly those who practice under the guidance of the Thai Forest tradition masters.
many thanks,
Ben
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Hereclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief

Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Return to Dhammic Stories