Buddha is fake

Post sayings and stories you find interesting or useful.
CSEe

Re: Buddha is fake

Post by CSEe »

Hi PeterB.....u seems understanding . I was chase away from discussion in other board in this site ....tell me whare I can discuss Buddha freely without any attachment to rules , books,monks, etc ?
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

As I have said on another thread...try Zen Forum International.
CSEe

Post by CSEe »

ok.....thanks noted
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

_/\_
Last edited by Hanzze on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
Ngawang Drolma.

Post by Ngawang Drolma. »

I just read this story. I like it! Thanks :D

Best,
Laura
ignorant layman

Post by ignorant layman »

It was a heart warming tale. more please.
Happiness, wisdom and safety upon you!
cooran

Post by cooran »

Hello Bhante,

Only just read this heart-warming story - a parable really. Thanks! How often do we see, in our own lives and in the world around, that the results of kamma are not immediately seen and understood. This can lead to more distress as we wonder why such a good person has such misfortune in their lives, or why a person with such harming behaviour has fortunate things happen to them. The story brings this common experience to the fore, and shows that, as the Buddha taught, kamma (intentonal action) and vipaka (result) extend over one or many lifetimes.

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
jd84

Post by jd84 »

It's a shame that someone feels chased away, whatever they were wanting to discuss.
Phra Chuntawongso

Post by Phra Chuntawongso »

jd84 wrote:It's a shame that someone feels chased away, whatever they were wanting to discuss.
Don't worry.I know the monk who posted the original story.(His kuti is next to mine)
He certainly doesn't feel chased away,but thankyou for your concerns.
With metta,
Phra Greg
And crawling on the planets face,some insects called the human race.
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
jd84

Post by jd84 »

hi bhante... I was referring to CSEe above who felt they were chased away from this and another thread.

Jon :anjali:
Elkstone

Post by Elkstone »

Mawkish1983 wrote:The Buddha told plenty of stories with really good Dhammic messages, like the mustard seed. I just don't see the point for a story such as this: not from the cannon, not teaching wholesomeness, adhammic.

I just don't get it and I still don't understand what 'Buddha is fake' even means.

I guess I'm not the target audience.

Like all good koans a dse of meditation and thought will help you answer it... And yet most people I notice missed the point that the story is not "Buddha is fake" but rather that on should not lose faith when things don't work out for the bets just because you are strictly following precepts. Meditation does not guarantee good luck if you like.

As for the place stories like this have, well my answer to that is there a place for all things and all kinds of approaches, something like this can help those like the young monk who is losing faith to stick to it.
Kori

Post by Kori »

When I read the title, I had been expecting some sort of elaborate conspiracy theory disproving the existence of the Buddha. But instead I got a pleasant story! :D I really quite liked the story, and it saddens me to see how many people have given you a hard time about it, when the meaning of it seems blatantly obvious to me.

The junior monk, in his grief, had doubt in the teaching of the Buddha (the dharma), because he could not immediately see the good results of his master's positive Karma. This is why he says that the "Buddha is fake," as in the Buddha's teachings were inaccurate since (the way he saw it) the law of Karma did not apply here. However, he comes to realize the fruit of the Karma, although it was not immediate, and loses all his doubts. What's so difficult about that? It's a simple teaching of Karma, nothing more, nothing less.
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought: it is founded on our thoughts, it is made up of our thoughts. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him."

Dhammapada, Ch. 1, Verse 2.
arvind tayde

Post by arvind tayde »

I fail to understand why people are so wary of REINCARNATION although they accept rebirth. I would like to know the views of different people regarding the subject in the light of what the BUDDHA taught.and the reason behind opposition to reincarnation.
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

To clarify: there was no hostility on my part. I did not and don't understand the story. I don't think it is representative of the dhamma. It's in the 'Dhamma stories' subforum and seems to be beneficial to the majority here, which is fine. I maintain, I don't get it.

Once more (although I'm not sure why my intentions are called into question, nor why I'm driven to defend them) there is no hostility here. There is no anger here. There is no frustration here. I am sharing my point of view.
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

arvind tayde wrote:I fail to understand why people are so wary of REINCARNATION although they accept rebirth. I would like to know the views of different people regarding the subject in the light of what the BUDDHA taught.and the reason behind opposition to reincarnation.
Wrong thread and subforum friend. :)