Dear members who love Pali,
Knowledge Not Shared By Disciples
[Presented by Dr.Han Tun, MD @ SariputtaDhamma/JTN/Triplegem]
In Pa.tisambhidaamagga (The Path of Discrimination) there are six knowledges
possessed exclusively by the Buddha and not shared by Disciples.
 CHAPTER LXVIII. PENETRATION OF OTHERSâ€™ FACULTIES
573. What is the Perfect One's knowledge of penetration of others' faculties
111. Katama.m tathaagatassa indriyaparopariyatta ~naa.na.m?
574. Here the Perfect One (tathaagata) sees beings as with little dust on their
eyes, as with much dust on their eyes, as with keen faculties, as with dull
faculties, as of good parts, as of bad parts, as easy to instruct, as hard to
instruct, and also some who see fear in the other world and in what is
censurable, and also some who see no fear in the other world and in what is
censurable (M i 69, S i 138, Vin i 6).
Idha tathaagato satte passati apparajakkhe mahaarajakkhe tikkhindriye mudindriye
svaakaare dvaakaare suvi~n~naapaye duvi~n~naapaye appekacce
paralokavajjabhayadassaavino appekacce na paralokavajjabhayadassaavino.
 CHAPTER LXIX. BIASSES AND UNDERLYING TENDENCIES
584. What is the Perfect One's knowledge of beings' biases and underlying
113. Katama.m tathaagatassa sattaana.m aasayaanusaye ~naa.na.m?
585. Here the Perfect One knows beings' biases (aasaya), he knows their
underlying tendencies (anusaya), he knows their behavior (caritta), he knows
their resolutions (adhimutti), he knows beings as capable and incapable.
Idha tathaagato sattaana.m aasaya.m jaanaati, anusaya.m jaanaati, carita.m
jaanaati , adhimutti.m jaanaati, bhabbaabhabbe satte pajaanaati.
 CHAPTER LXX. THE TWIN METAMORPHOSIS (MARVEL)
592. What is the Perfect One's knowledge of the Twin Metamorphosis (Marvel)
116. Katama.m tathaagatassa yamakapaa.tihiire ~naa.na.m?
593. Here the perfect One performs the Twin Metamorphosis (Marbel), which is not
shared by disciples.
Idha tathaagato yamakapaa.tihiira.m karoti asaadhaara.na.m saavakehi.
594. He produces a mass of fire from the upper part of his body and a shower of
water from the lower part of his body: he produces a mass of fire from the lower
part of his body and a shower of water from the upper part of his body. (and so
Uparimakaayato aggikkhandho pavattati, he.t.thimakaayato udakadhaaraa pavattati;
he.t.thimakaayato aggikkhandho pavattati, uparimakaayato udakadhaaraa pavattati;
 CHAPTER LXXI. THE GREAT COMPASSION
596. What is the Perfect One's knowledge of the attainment of the Great
117. Katama.m tathaagatassa mahaakaru.naasamaapattiyaa ~naa.na.m?
597. Upon the Enlightened Ones, the Blessed Ones, who see in many aspects, there
descends the Great Compassion for beings.
Bahukehi aakaarehi passantaana.m buddhaana.m bhagavantaana.m sattesu
Upon the Enlightened Ones, the Blessed Ones, who see thus 'Worldly life is
burning' there descends the Great Compassion for beings. (and so on).
Aaditto lokasannivaasoti passantaana.m buddhaana.m bhagavantaana.m sattesu
  CHAPTER LXXII. OMNISCIENT AND UNOBSTRUCTED KNOELEDGE
598. What is the Perfect One's omniscient knoeldge (sabba~n~nuta~naa.na)?
119. Katama.m tathaagatassa sabba~n~nuta~n~naa.na.m?
599. It knows without exception all that is formed and unformed, thus it is
omniscient knowledge (sabba~n~nuta~n~naa.na): it is without obstruction there,
thus it is unobstructed knowledge (anaavara.na~naa.na).
Sabba.m sa"nkhatamasa"nkhata.m anavasesa.m jaanaatiiti, sabba~n~nuta~n~naa.na.m.
Tattha aavara.na.m natthiiti, anaavara.na~naa.na.m.
Han: A thought arises in me when I read about mahaakaru.naa~naa.na of the Buddha
which is not even shared by Disciples. Why it is not shared by Disciples?
Arahants also radiate karu.naa, is it not? Then, I realize that there are
different levels of understanding of the dhammas, and different levels of
wisdom. The karu.naa that I radiate cannot be compared with the karu.naa
radiated by an Arahant. So also I cannot know the karu.naa radiated by the
Buddha. It may be like a primary school student cannot understand or appreciate
the experience of a person with a Doctorate degree. I must know my own level. If
I try to understand the finesse of every higher-level dhammas, while I am still
a lowly worldling, it will be like conjecturing the unconjecturable, which may
result only in madness and vexation, like the Buddha said in AN 4.77.
AN 4.77 Acintita Sutta: Unconjecturable, translated from the Pali by Thanissaro
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .than.html
Love Buddha's dhamma,