Russian resourses??

A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible.
Cittasanto

Russian resourses??

Postby Cittasanto » Thu May 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi,
Does anyone know of any sites with a Russian translation of the Satipatthana sutta? and any general buddhist/theravadin websites?

I do remember one or two of our members here are from Russia but couldn't find anything with the search to any particular post with a link I think is somewhere in the threads.

anyway Thank-you in advance
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill

Sumano

Re: Russian resourses??

Postby Sumano » Thu May 13, 2010 3:41 pm

I am on the path, however not yet advanced. Any opinions or insights I share are meant entirely for discussion purposes and in cases where people might find them beneficial in whatever way. Since I am not advanced on the Path, I cannot guarantee that what I say will always necessarily be 100% true or in line with the Dhamma. However, having had an extremely interesting life with a wide variety of different (many of them deep) experiences, I hope that anything I share will be of use, provide food for thought, and inspire interesting and beneficial discussions.

Mettā to all! :anjali:

Cittasanto

Postby Cittasanto » Thu May 13, 2010 3:45 pm

Thanks Stephan
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill

Sumano

Postby Sumano » Thu May 13, 2010 3:52 pm

You're welcome.
I am on the path, however not yet advanced. Any opinions or insights I share are meant entirely for discussion purposes and in cases where people might find them beneficial in whatever way. Since I am not advanced on the Path, I cannot guarantee that what I say will always necessarily be 100% true or in line with the Dhamma. However, having had an extremely interesting life with a wide variety of different (many of them deep) experiences, I hope that anything I share will be of use, provide food for thought, and inspire interesting and beneficial discussions.

Mettā to all! :anjali:

Zom

Postby Zom » Thu May 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Two major russian theravadin websites:
- www.dhamma.ru (quite old)
- www.theravada.ru (new one, launched in oct. 2009)

Why do you need russian translations :tongue: ?

Return to “Discovering Theravāda”