Do animals meditate?

A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible in order to double-check alignment to Theravāda orthodoxy.
acinteyyo

Re: Do animals meditate?

Post by acinteyyo »

I am totally amazed that such a thing happened. What a wonderful world... remarkable
Thag 1.20. Ajita - I do not fear death; nor do I long for life. I’ll lay down this body, aware and mindful.
cooran

Post by cooran »

but what happened to the baby baboon next? Did she tire of it in a few more hours?
was it like cats playing with mice for a while before, eventually, getting hungry and killing them?
What happened the day after and in the days to come - a baby baboon needs a lot of feeding and care.

metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
acinteyyo

Post by acinteyyo »

I don't really care what happened to the baby next... it is just a big cat not a monkey and I don't think the big cat is capable of taking care of the babymonkey sufficiently. if it would be normal that big cats raise little baby monkeys we would probably see such things more often, who knows... but the predator does not seem to kill out of fun. predators dinner is assured why killing a more or less usefull babymonk and then I think it's remarkable that instead of leaving the useless babymonkey alone, it seems big cat shows some kind of child welfare for the monkeybaby, furthermore even if big cat is still hungry after monkeyparent and dicides to hunt and kill the babymonkey too, well... that's life. :shrug: :popcorn:
Thag 1.20. Ajita - I do not fear death; nor do I long for life. I’ll lay down this body, aware and mindful.
Dhammabodhi

Post by Dhammabodhi »

Chris wrote:but what happened to the baby baboon next? Did she tire of it in a few more hours?
was it like cats playing with mice for a while before, eventually, getting hungry and killing them?
What happened the day after and in the days to come - a baby baboon needs a lot of feeding and care.

metta
Chris
I read somewhere that the baby died the next morning, of natural causes. This needs authentication though.

Metta
Dhammabodhi
"Take rest, take rest."-S.N.Goenka
Quinn

Post by Quinn »

Hi :hello:
haaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaa haaaaaa haaaa haa haa ha :jumping:
you are all just crazy :cookoo: :rofl:

bye ha

Quinn
May the power of the Buddha be with you!!!