Precepts

A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible.

Precepts

Postby Cittasanto » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:31 pm

http://images.manapa.multiply.multiplyc ... =365595118

after some work, I have compiled a PDF on the precepts (my renderings at times so sorry if they are poor.)
so if anyone has some use for it, comments, sugestions, corrections etc., please have a look and share your thoughts.
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Re: Precepts

Postby Tex » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:31 pm

When I click the link, a new window opens and "Done" appears at bottom left as if it's opened something, but the screen is blank?
"The serene and peaceful mind is the true epitome of human achievement."-- Ajahn Chah, Living Dhamma

"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi
Tex

Postby Cittasanto » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:20 am

hi just incase anyone else has this prob
http://manapa.multiply.com/journal/item/287
you can download it from there also
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby Ytrog » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Thanks for the pdf :anjali:

I must note however that the font used on page 5 and 6 is not the most readable one.

Did you use LaTeX btw?
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.

mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments

If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
Ytrog

Return to Discovering Theravāda