Dreams

A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible in order to double-check alignment to Theravāda orthodoxy.
unspoken

Dreams

Post by unspoken »

I am not sure about the things I am going to ask were posted before, so please forgive me that I do not know it had been posted if it did.

Recently my time of sleep is getting longer and after I woke up, it's tiring. So I wonder could be the dreams I had recently increased awfully a lot. Right before that, about few years ago, where I haven't been introduced to the right way of buddhism, I heard from a "feng shui master" saying its because your soul flew away to travel and back to the body late. But after that, when I introduced to buddhism, I know there's no existence of "souls" in a person because its non-self. And the meditation of concentration helped me out to clear away dreams last time where I haven't stop meditation due to the exams.

So my questions are:
1. What was described about dreams by the suttas
2. Do dreams formed because of the wandering mind imagining things during sleep
or formed because of dreams are the projections of the daily activities, what you do, is what you dream
3. How to explain those dreams sometime turn out to be some kind of deja vu?

With metta
unspoken

Re: Dreams

Post by unspoken »

Am I asking the questions in a manner of too complicated to understand? Please tell me so, I am expecting answers from someone :coffee:

With Metta
Lombardi4

Post by Lombardi4 »

You might find this talk interesting:

Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

unspoken wrote:I am not sure about the things I am going to ask were posted before, so please forgive me that I do not know it had been posted if it did.

Recently my time of sleep is getting longer and after I woke up, it's tiring. So I wonder could be the dreams I had recently increased awfully a lot. Right before that, about few years ago, where I haven't been introduced to the right way of buddhism, I heard from a "feng shui master" saying its because your soul flew away to travel and back to the body late. But after that, when I introduced to buddhism, I know there's no existence of "souls" in a person because its non-self. And the meditation of concentration helped me out to clear away dreams last time where I haven't stop meditation due to the exams.

So my questions are:
1. What was described about dreams by the suttas
2. Do dreams formed because of the wandering mind imagining things during sleep
or formed because of dreams are the projections of the daily activities, what you do, is what you dream
3. How to explain those dreams sometime turn out to be some kind of deja vu?

With metta
unspoken,

why don't you read this Wiki link as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wouldn't worry too much if you dream more now. Things like that come and go.

It usually means that you are somehow trying to process things that you thought about or that happened to you and that you haven't quite digested yet.

So they are a necessary function.

Test-people who were kept from dreaming became seriously unwell.

It's healthy.

Enjoy your free home cinema. :twothumbsup: