Begining

A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible in order to double-check alignment to Theravāda orthodoxy.
dmarri

Begining

Post by dmarri »

I have been recently researching and trying to fully grasp the vast information of Buddhism. I am obviously a beginner, and I have read several of the other questions and with all the information I am coming across, I'm lost. I am seeking the way to begin the conversion to Buddhism and have no clue where to start. I am seeking any and all advise as to which direction to turn. What is the first book I should purchase, any sites with informative reading to fully grasp and understand this conversition. Also, I am seeking a place in my area to meet others in this path of life to seek a deeper learning and a gathering place. Any advise or suggestions are welcome.
bodom

Re: Begining

Post by bodom »

Welcome dmarri!

Please see this thread:

Introductory resources
http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=148" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB