THE EXQUISITE CRYSTAL BUDDHA STATUE, SAN ANTONIO,TX

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.

THE EXQUISITE CRYSTAL BUDDHA STATUE, SAN ANTONIO,TX

Postby yawares » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Dear Members,

San Antonio, TX is quite far from my house..4 hrs driving in late spring/early fall will make travellers happy
but not in summer...too sunny !!!

Once Tep/I visited our daughter in Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio. And we went to the famous RIVER WALK to
take a boat-trip along the canal, we stopped at the RIVER WALK MALL...the best place to have Chinese food to gain
strength for walking a long long way around the beautiful RIVER WALK.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... an+antonio

There were too many tourists that day because of the MEXICAN FESTIVAL: dancing/singing..too loud for us!
After walking too much, we drove around and saw the sign WAT DHAMMA-BUCHA, we went there..walking inside the
vihara...we saw the most beautiful Crystal Buddha Statue...about 6'high/4'wide.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sariputta ... 41360/view?

picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=21&count=20&dir=asc

Bhikkhu Utai told us that a rich Thai guy gave this Buddha statue to the wat....oh SADHU SADHU SADHU, may the man be blessed forever. I so wish I could buy a small beautiful bling bling Buddha statue just like that...I called
my family in Thailand to buy a small one for me....but nobody could find this kind of Buddha statue in Bangkok!!

We loved the Buddha statue so much we asked to stay sitting meditation overnight...Bhikkhu Utai was so kind to let us sleeping in front of the big Buddha statue..with sweet dream all night.In the morning there were many people to come to give alms-food to the monks...and also invited us to have brunch with them...oh they made yummy yummy food indeed...Anumotana..may Buddhas bless them forever!

:heart: We donated money to the wat because of love for this beautiful Buddha statue!
tep/yawares/sirikanya
:heart:
yawares

Return to Shrine Room